Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Looking for advice/answers, new to forum  (Read 161 times)

Offline Scotty1

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Looking for advice/answers, new to forum
« on: January 27, 2014, 02:38:23 PM »
    I'm new to this forum. I'm looking for some input/advice on what may be going on. Not sure if it's anxiety, but for several months now I seem to worry over everything. I am constantly thinking what if, especially about work. Example, on the way home I start thinking about something I may forgot to do. This really worries me. Sometimes, I can have a weekend ruined because of this. It is starting to affect my work as well. I don't want to do anything that I may not complete because I will worry about it after work. As long as everything goes well, I feel ok. When something don't go as planned, I get that worried feeling. This is at home as well. If something breaks, it tends to upset me a lot. Spending money is another thing I tend to get nervous about.
    I am having trouble concentrating and remembering things as well. On top of this, I tend to get mad easily over any little thing. Traffic, people in stores tend to make me upset too. On top of that, I constantly worry about being embarrassed in front of people. Just trying to get some answers on what I should do. I feel uncomfortable about seeing a doctor about this. I feel like they won't be able to do anything for me. thanks for any help. I have researched the web about different solutions, but nothing seems to help.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: Looking for advice/answers, new to forum
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 06:07:01 AM »
You have to start somewhere as far as help is concerned. I agree a doctor may not be the right person. But a therapist would be perfect. To work through your thought process with you. We do get a lot of people who have to do things right. If they don't, they play the situation over and over and over in the minds. They simply can't let go of it. I would place this as more of a type of OCD. I may be wrong. But from what you write it just sounds like that to me. It is not something you can deal with alone. I wouldn't suggest doing so. You get mad. You get angry. Things get under your skin really easy. A good therapist would work through these things with you. They are well used to such problems. Trust me, they have heard a lot worse than what you would have to tell them. The earlier you get the help the quicker you can begin to put things right. If you just ignore it, it will only get worse.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline maren

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 08:02:50 AM »
I think a therapist would be just the right person for you to get help from. I see a psychologist once a month just to keep me on track. He helps me deal with the everyday anxiety problems that I have before they grow into something huge. I would start looking for someone to speak with. I think it would help you very much.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Scotty1

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 12:33:59 PM »
Thanks for the great advice guys. Cuchculan, you explained my feelings better than me! Where do I start? How do I choose a good therapist? For some reason, just the thought of talking to someone about this makes me nervous. Nobody knows about this. Not family or friends. I'm afraid if anyone finds out they might think different of me. Again, thanks for the replies.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Caleb

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 08:21:33 PM »
 :action-smiley-065:     By word of mouth, the best way of finding...well any kind of professional, but especially a counselor.

There are other ways, but I always say, "Don't pick one out of the phone book."  .  :(  .  Schools admit ppl on the basis of what's on paper, not character.  A friend's daughter goes to one who won't discuss calmly the Rx she is on.  Her mother thinks it is the wrong stuff, he refuses to discuss it.  He is persuading his patient she  _neeeds_  him.   lol   He lives alone and is gay and I suspect needs more patients.  Is not liked by this friend's daughter I'm mentioning.

Shop around if you do decide.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: