Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: scared  (Read 135 times)

Offline pellis76

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
scared
« on: January 27, 2014, 08:28:52 AM »
Ok here it goes. I have been having a fear of brain tumors and heart issues.  For the past two weeks I have had such bad brain fogs. If I'm not doing something I'm in a zone. It's the weirdest feeling and it scares me so much. I have been having a whooshing noise in my left ear at night time for a couple months now.  No headaches. Just brain fog. My blood pressure when I checked it at the store was 150 over 95. Which also freaked me out. I also always have a high heart rate of about 105 to 110. I'm freaking out and scared any help is appreciated. I'm a 37 yr old female
Bookmark and Share

Offline Chilly

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: scared
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 10:37:01 AM »
Brain fog is terrible. I don't have it constantly anymore, but I have my days. All I can say is try to stay busy, which is much easier said than done.
As for the heart rate machines at the store, take them with a grain of salt. They often times aren't accurate. Especially if they haven't been recently calibrated. Go see your doctor to get an accurate reading on your heart rate (e.g. when I use the store machines, It always tells me I'm pre-hypertension/hypertension, but everytime I get tested at the GP office, I'm well within the "normal" healthy range.)
Bookmark and Share

Offline mjennings

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 11:07:45 AM »
I understand exactly what you are going through. I was diagnosed with GAD last August and life has been hard. I recently just got over my constant fear of brain tumor and cancer and have since moved on to other fears. Always go to the doctor to rule out anything. I have been to 3 or 4 doctors for different issues and they have confirmed it is just my anxiety. Compared to a couple months ago, I have made huge progress. The things that help me the most is taking at least an hour for myself every night doing something that makes me feel good. For me, I lay in the tub with a couple candles and a comedian playing on my phone. I will also spend some time getting a back massage from the massage I purchased. I have found that if I keep my mind busy doing work (or listening to comedy) that my symptoms go away. Once you get your mind off the pain/symptoms/worry, your issues will go away.
Bookmark and Share

Offline pellis76

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 11:20:52 AM »
Thanks I try to keep myself busy but I just keeping zoning and then it scares me cause I think something is wrong with my physically. I know it sounds weird but I have always had the fear of brain tumors :(
Bookmark and Share

Tags: