Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: cant feel heart beat, very scared  (Read 516 times)

Offline Rose~

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • ~Fear is the only thing that can hold you back~
    • Poke This Member
cant feel heart beat, very scared
« on: January 27, 2014, 12:34:49 AM »
So I was exercising a little, and my heart rate was up, when I felt a random little pain near my heart, so I stopped. I noticed unlike most times, I couldn't even feel my heart beating in my chest. That kind of scared me. Now I am resting, but still can't feel my heart beating in my chest at all. Only if I feel my neck or press my fingers against something so that I can feel my pulse in my fingers. This really worries me because even when I am resting, I can always feel my heart beating in my chest. Especially since I am anxious and I was exercising, you would think I would be able to feel it beating hard, but it isn't, it's like.it's beating weak and it scares me. I feel hot, not fever hot but temperature wise, like I had to remove my covers (I'm in bed, trying to sleep) and kind of weird, like just a strange feeling. I am scared to get up and go to the bathroom even because I feel like my heart is beating weakly. I am very afraid and anxious right now. Like o said, no matter what I can always at least slightly feel my heart in my chest. Feeling nothing at all is scary. I keep having to put my hand to my neck because I can't feel it beating. Am I going to die? I amonly 16 but this frightens me. I ccan always feel a beat in my chest but since I exercised and they weird little paid happened I can't . I feel nothing there. I can't even feel it if I place my hand on my chest! Only my neck or wrist. That scares me. It's like my heart has totally moved to my neck or arm. I can't stop panicking and feel dread. Please help me out
Bookmark and Share
"I'm happy about who and what I am, and I can't wait to find out who I'll be tomorrow."- Joyce DeWitt <3

Offline anxiousa

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: cant feel heart beat, very scared
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 05:33:03 AM »
Iv went through all these worries too! The hearts a funny thing, times it will beat like mad and other times it can be much harder to feel, but it is beating and that's the main thing. You can feel your pulse and that's the important one, doctors always chek pulse and not heart beat itself because the pulse is much more reliable. The more u panic about not been able to feel your heart, the more you will find it hard to find, that's the horrible thing about anxiety, it plays tricks on our minds!!!

Deep breath and relax, your heart is fine xx
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 07:54:18 AM »
At 16, the odds of a heart issue are extremely remote. Your symptoms are most likely due to anxiety.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline Rose~

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • ~Fear is the only thing that can hold you back~
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 08:46:38 AM »
Thanks to both who answered, your not being worried makes me feel a lot better.  :happy0151: I just woke up for school and I still can't feel it, but I am trying not to worry. It's just very hard not.to worry because I've always been able to feel it beating in my chest, and all of the sudden not being able to anymore makes me feel like there's something wrong. I am going to try to stay home actually because I feel terrible what with a migraine mainly on my left side and a stomach ache. I took some medicine and of course feel like i am scared its going to kill me, whats new.  ::) just cant help feeling like the absence of my heartbeat in my chest means its weak or something, though if get up and move a lot or run or lay a certain way i can feel it a little. Not like i used to though. it reallly feels like its not beating at all, and if i didnt have a pulse to feel id think it wasnt. Its just very weird that it all of a sudden stopped being able to be felt like that. I am trying to remember if i could feel it before anxiety, but i really cant remember since i never paid attention. Maybe if I just relax at home today I'll feel fine later. Again, thanks for making me feel better :)
Bookmark and Share
"I'm happy about who and what I am, and I can't wait to find out who I'll be tomorrow."- Joyce DeWitt <3

Tags: