Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Looking for some tips  (Read 87 times)

Offline TFro20

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Looking for some tips
« on: January 26, 2014, 10:43:16 PM »
Hey everyone,

I just joined this forum because I am battling some anxiety issues. I can look back to childhood and see traces of anxiety in certain memories. It wasn't until I was around 7 when the fear of hurting myself came about. First, my anxiety manifested itself in that I was afraid that I was going to stab myself with a knife in the stomach. I can't explain the terror of that as a kid. Then it continued to manifest itself in strange ways like being afraid that I am going to jam my finger behind my eye ball or that I would break my own nose and shove it up to my brain. Weird and terrifying stuff. As I got older, it turned to being afraid of health issues to other strange ways to hurt myself. When I hit college, I began to have relief from my anxiety more so in the spring and summer. Winters were awful. I was missing class and depressed my sophomore year of college. After a long reprieve from much of my anxiety, it has returned. And it is the kind with irrational fear that I am going to hurt myself. The last month in particular, it has been that I am going to push my finger behind my eyeball. It sucks and seems childish. I am now 24 and had thought that by chance I had grown out of this kind of crap. How do I fight this? How do I rationalize these annoying and bullshit thoughts? How do I logically examine these things with out giving in to my fear. I am a man of faith, and hopefully the Lord will send me some solid brothers and sisters who know my struggle. Thanks and God bless.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: Looking for some tips
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 05:23:27 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: