Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Cannot get rabies out of my head  (Read 244 times)

Offline sgr15

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Cannot get rabies out of my head
« on: January 26, 2014, 08:42:39 PM »
I've gotten my fears about contracting rabies from bats controlled. Now it's something a little different. The other day I was at a farm. There was about 15 cats there that don't have there rabies vaccination. I had to give them water. I picked up there dish where they drink out of. I'm not sure but after that I might have touchd the corner of my eye. Now I'm thinking since they drink water out of the dish there could have been saliva on it. Should I get rabies shot?
Bookmark and Share

Offline MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 23
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Cannot get rabies out of my head
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 10:26:26 PM »
Hi SGR...

Only about 7% of rabies cases in the United States, occur in domestic animals such as dogs and cats.  The risk of getting rabies from a cat is fairly low, with most cases of rabies now occurring in wild animals, such as raccoons, skunks, bats, and foxes.  So your chances of contracting rabies in the manner that you described, is highly remote.

I would suggest that you consider seeing a therapist so that you can work on your fears/phobias, and be able to put your worries about rabies, to rest.

As always, the very best to you SGR!...  Chuck
Bookmark and Share

Offline sgr15

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 06:49:19 AM »
Hi SGR...

Only about 7% of rabies cases in the United States, occur in domestic animals such as dogs and cats.  The risk of getting rabies from a cat is fairly low, with most cases of rabies now occurring in wild animals, such as raccoons, skunks, bats, and foxes.  So your chances of contracting rabies in the manner that you described, is highly remote.

I would suggest that you consider seeing a therapist so that you can work on your fears/phobias, and be able to put your worries about rabies, to rest.

As always, the very best to you SGR!...  Chuck
Thanks for replying. Do you think a doctor would reccommend pep for this situation?
Bookmark and Share

Offline MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 23
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 08:44:11 AM »
Hi SGR...

I am not a doctor, nor am I here on the Anxiety Zone site to second guess what a doctor would or would not do.

You stated, "I've gotten my fears about contracting rabies from bats controlled."  Your fear doesn't have anything to do with bats, dogs, cats, or any other animal, it has to do with rabies.

See your doctor if you think that is best.  And I still suggest that you see a therapist to help you with your fear/phobia of rabies.

The very best to you, SGR!...  Chuck
Bookmark and Share

Tags: