Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Rapid Resting Heart Rate and Fatigue  (Read 272 times)

Offline theelt712

• Queen Cardiochondria
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Strength is in the eye of the beholder.
    • Poke This Member
Rapid Resting Heart Rate and Fatigue
« on: January 26, 2014, 05:59:52 PM »
It's been a hard few days. I haven't had many palpitations, but I checked my heart rate yesterday while resting- it was 116. Then, I checked it again, it went down to 112 and then 104 at the lowest. It went on again into today, with a resting hr of 116-112 and active heart rate of 140-150. At this time, I don't have many other symptoms than really bad fatigue [I'm really tired] but I've been having odd breathing and dizziness for the past few days. I spent a lot of time today shaking out of nervousness about my heart rate and it went down to 104. I'm very, very tired at the moment- I could fall asleep, and I'm nervous because I think something could happen. I've been weak at the knees today because of my odd breathing and the fear/feeling that I am dizzy and would pass out. It was a bit vertigo like. Anyone help? I fear a heart issue. at 15.
Bookmark and Share
Queen Cardiochondria.
"I would recommend that you lay off the Google crack pipe for a little while."- vardnas

Offline theelt712

• Queen Cardiochondria
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
Re: Rapid Resting Heart Rate and Fatigue
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 06:38:49 PM »
Any help?
Bookmark and Share
Queen Cardiochondria.
"I would recommend that you lay off the Google crack pipe for a little while."- vardnas

Offline AH1990

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 08:32:19 PM »
Two things for perspective.

Firstly, you said you were checking your heart rate while resting. Was there any particular reason for this? Or are you, like me, a cardiophobe who impulsively checks pulse? This alone can cause your heart rate to rise significantly. I find this is partially due to the fact that when you check your pulse, you typically stop breathing or interrupt your breathing in some way. This can cause an erratic heart rate.

Secondly, you are on a hypochondriac board so I'll assume you, along with me, and everyone else on here, are a hypochondriac. No perceived stress does not mean that you are not stressed. As an anxiety sufferer for years, I have felt fine and then out of the blue I get a random palpitation or heart flutter, or my heart rate will increase for hours, for no reason at all other than subconscious straining on nerves.

Next, I'd like to put some more stuff into perspective.

Firstly, dizziness is a typical symptom of anxiety. I've felt a considerable attack of dizziness today, for instance, complete with heart flutters and an impending sense of doom.

Secondly, what do you mean by "odd breathing"? Because in a lot of cases, being conscious of your own breathing can wreak havoc on your heart rate, your breathing rhythm, and it can induce many symptoms including dizziness, pins and needles, and shortness of breath.

Also, have you already had a medical workup? This is an important basis for all things symptom-related. Once your Dr. has given you an examination with tests, it is the sign that medically speaking, you are fine. Also, fatigue can be caused by anything really, especially anxiety. A fear that something might happen does not mean something will happen. Your mind is not reality - reality exists outside of your mind, and your brain does not have the ability to alter this. Have you ever passed out before? Or have you ever had a heart attack? If the answer to these questions is no, then your chances of having a scary event occur is absolutely low.

I understand entirely it can be hard to tell yourself these things when you are feeling anxious, but please look into some methods to counter the negative attitudes. My CBT therapist has been a valuable asset for me - if you can't afford that, then there are plenty of CBT workbooks out there, in particular When Panic Attacks by Dr. David Burns.

Here are some stats for your viewing pleasure to show you the likelihood of a heart problem at 15.

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/heart-attack-statistics-by-age.html

Notice that age 15 is not even listed, and the youngest age listed (45) represents a tiny minority of people who have heart attacks. As I've said before though, get a medical workup, testing if necessary, and report things to the Dr. or your school nurse.
Bookmark and Share
Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. - Thomas Edison

Offline skim50

• The BooBoo Guru
  • Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 08:42:02 PM »
If the heart rate stays at that rate 24.7 then I dont think it is an anxiety attack.. Sounds like tachycardia. That is a pretty high resting heart rate, but it may be totally normal for you. Everyone's heart rates are different. Mine is 55-70 when at rest, it can raise sharply depending on if I ate a large meal, if I am standing, if I drank alcohol, what time of day it is.. Heart rates are just weird. But it would worth getting checked out.. If my heart rate was 110 laying down constantly Id drive to the ER but I am a extreme heart hypo... But I am sure it is stressed related. Stress can raise your heart rate by a lot! I am sure youre fine.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Xosammy

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 10:18:32 PM »
I feel exactly what you mention although my resting heart rate is lower usually. Today for instance was not the case so I ended up in the er with a chest x ray, EKG and blood work. We'll my bloodwork determeined I have low potassium so that's why I've been feeling out of it and my heart rate was weird. I'd go get some blood work done. You never know! It might be as simple as that
Bookmark and Share

Offline theelt712

• Queen Cardiochondria
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2014, 10:54:13 PM »
My heart rate is usually 84-92 resting, on average. I take my pulse A LOT. I'm a huge cardiophobe. By odd breathing, I mean the feeling that I will stop breathing at any time, leading to mouth breathing, nostril flaring, and it is associated with my dizziness. I get nausea with it as well. I have no idea why it happens, it's been happening off and on the past few days and I've gone to bed with my head spinning. It's awful. Since this post, I have been able to relax my breathing a bit and my resting HR has actually gone down to 80.
Bookmark and Share
Queen Cardiochondria.

Tags: