Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Anxiety following surgery  (Read 95 times)

Offline Summer04

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anxiety following surgery
« on: January 26, 2014, 04:04:39 PM »
Hi everyone,

I recently had sinus surgery - I had the balloon sinuplasty procedure done last week.  I am hoping that it went well even though I'm still congested.  My doctor told me I would feel like I had a sinus infection for a few days and I do.

I had taken the rest of the week off from work to recover and hadn't been out of the house since the day of the surgery, Tuesday.  I did go out today with my mom and had a headache and just felt anxious.  I'm taking my meds and haven't skipped any days - I try not to do that. 

I notice that whenever I'm in the house too much I get nervous about going back to work.  I'm going back tomorrow for the first time in almost a week.  I did work last Monday and since the surgery have only been in the house with my family and my dog.  It's been SO cold in the northeast where I live and going out wasn't really an option.

I'm rambling, but anyway, does anyone else feel anxious when they're in the house too long?  I've noticed that even on the weekends, if I don't get out for a bit, I feel anxious about going out on Monday. 

Thanks for reading.  :)
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 152
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anxiety following surgery
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 05:59:34 AM »
It can happen. If I come down with even the flu it means a week in the house. The first day back out I know will be tough on me. Even though I am agoraphobic I hate sitting in the house. I have to get out. Get some exercise in. But too many days in the house I always find does me no good at all. Very few things you can do in the house. Wonder at times I once spent a decade in the house. I would go mad if I ever done that one again. Just try and takes things slowly. You are still on the mend. Bound to be a bit of anxiety there.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: