Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Panic attack just upon falling asleep-anyone had these?  (Read 1359 times)

Offline jasmine27dragon

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Panic attack just upon falling asleep-anyone had these?
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2014, 09:51:12 PM »
This is the only type of panic attack i suffer from, which means sleepless nights, hardly anyone to talk to because there all asleep......you just feel like crap all the time......lost loads of weight, got depression, got agoraphobia....didn't have these other things before i started the meds.....just so tired x
Bookmark and Share

Offline Alphaba79

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sick
    Sick
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2014, 10:06:38 AM »
Hi,

I experience this on an almost daily basis. I haven't really found a good way to manage it. I used to live alone and now I have a roommate which has helped a lot. I guess in my mind I feel comfort in knowing that if I need help or need to go to the ER, my roommate is there at the ready (Much to her chagrin  :bigsmile: )

I've been trying to relax myself a few hours before falling asleep. Things such as drinking some chamomile tea, light exercise, a comedy film or meditation can help. I have medication anxiety but I do have a bottle of Xanax by my bedside for emergencies.
Bookmark and Share

Offline clippergoodwill

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2014, 11:51:06 AM »
The past two nights I've had extreme difficulty in falling asleep, which is unusual for me because I don't normally have any trouble, even when I'm anxious. I've had a lot of stress going on in my family this past week, and it seems to be the subject of my thoughts while I'm trying to go to sleep. It's like my brain is saying "You want to sleep!? You need to think about all this stuff that's out of your control.."
Bookmark and Share

Tags: