Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Any other folks with Adult Onset Tics Here  (Read 158 times)

Offline Floraison

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Any other folks with Adult Onset Tics Here
« on: January 26, 2014, 12:59:18 PM »
:action-smiley-065:

Hey ya'll.  I just started dealing with anxiety stuff a few years ago, and two years ago, I developed vocal and motor tics.  I am an adult: A middle aged adult, and this new addition to my life is frustrating to say the least.  My vocal tics range from short sentences to barking to hooting and screeching like a monkey.  Physically I have a strong diaphragmatic tic (that usually results in a verbal tic) and lots of facial tics and sometimes ye old head jerking backwards thing.

My Psych MD wants me to take Haldol or Risperdal (sp?) but they both make me sleepy, fuzzy and fat(her).

I would love to meet/chat with others with this stuff and I would love some advice as to how other people handle it, suggestions for natural treatments, etc.

Thank you very much!

::)
Floraison

Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: Any other folks with Adult Onset Tics Here
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 04:25:29 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Floraison

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Any other folks with Adult Onset Tics Here
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 02:20:19 PM »
Thanks I'll do that!
Bookmark and Share