Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: anxiety aboout partners upcoming endoscopy  (Read 230 times)

Offline tribefan612

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
anxiety aboout partners upcoming endoscopy
« on: January 26, 2014, 07:55:03 AM »
Good morning! Having a lot of anxiety again this morning about my partners endoscopy. I am worried something will go wrong. I know its a pretty safe procedure but I still worry. If anyone has had one, please share your story. Thanks!
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 65
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
Re: anxiety aboout partners upcoming endoscopy
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 08:25:36 AM »
I have had 8 of them without a single issue relating to the sedation or the procedure.
The last one I had on April 1, 2013, and actually drove right after my daughter dropped me off home. (not supposed to)
The sedation is shorter acting than it used to be and people have fewer side effects, if any.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline Lara71

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 08:28:38 AM »
I had two. No issues with the sedation. All they found was gastritis. They tell you that someone needs to drive you home. Half hour after I woke up, I could have driven myself. (I didn't).
Bookmark and Share

Offline hijikata

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 08:37:31 AM »
I had one last July, they are actually pretty funny. Doc says you will feel a slight warming sensation in your arm and then BANG you wake up in a hospital bed and watch as they bring out the patient who went in after you, looking like a zombie. No pain, no after effects, could easily have driven home straight after.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 09:24:23 AM »
I had one in 2005. (sedation) One second I was laying there and the next the nurse was calling my name.  I said, "So when is this going to start?"  She said, "It's done!"   She had me get up immediately (they held me in case I was dizzy, but nothing) then I went out and had a corn muffin with other people who had just finished.  I felt TOTALLY fine.   (even better when they said nothing was wrong)  In 3 hours my daughter and I went out to eat!  (later that night I looked at the papers the doctor had given me and it said not to eat for X amount of hours afterwards)  But nothing happened!  (the only discomfort was some stomach pain which is caused from AIR they put in your stomach)  So if the person gets some pain it's normal.
Bookmark and Share

Offline park682

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2014, 06:02:38 PM »
I had one this past December and was fine! I was so scared before it. I kept telling the nurses and doctors that I was scared of the sadation and made them promise to be careful. Everything was perfect! And my partner told me that the nurses told him everything I was saying....he had a good laugh at me all drugged up'
Bookmark and Share

Tags: