Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Hylands Nerve Tonic  (Read 1164 times)

Offline Gayandgray

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hylands Nerve Tonic
« on: January 25, 2014, 03:10:15 PM »
 :yes: hi all, just wondering if anyone has ever tried the nerve tonic homeopathic pills by Hands? They are in walmart, drugstores. Etc. I'm a 44yr old woman and I'd much rather try a natural approach to dealing with my extreme stress and anxiety, plus I won't get my health insurance till summer so can't go to doc till then.  :(   I have also tried St. John's Wort which didn't work, 5htp which worked Greg for about 3 months then stopped and it got expensive, and the Stresstabs vitamins which don't do much.
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 100
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hylands Nerve Tonic
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 04:30:29 PM »
just wondering if anyone has ever tried the nerve tonic homeopathic pills by Hands

The concept of homeopathy is nonsense. It involved taking a substance which causes the same symptoms as whatever ails you then diluting it so much that it can be the equivalent of having less than one molecule of the substance in a Pacific Ocean volume of water. Exercise and omega-3/fish oil would be better bets for mild anxiety.

I'd much rather try a natural approach to dealing with my extreme stress and anxiety

You could try diazepam (Valium) or lorazepam (Ativan) which are naturally occurring benzodiazepines that you've been ingesting in small quantities all your life, however, the benzodiazepines are not good first line anxiety meds because doctors are becoming increasingly wary of taking them.

If you don't want to take antidepressants then the only treatments that work as well are the cognitive and/or behavioural and/or mindfulness therapies. Your doctor should be able to recommend a therapist in your area.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline hikingchik63

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Content
    Content
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hylands Nerve Tonic
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 07:23:34 AM »
I agree, a natural approach would be exercise and omega 3s. Im 50 and I def noticed an increase in anxiety in mid 40s. Have you looked at your hormones to make sure everything's ok? Thyroid? I havent taken any hormones yet, but I do take .5mg klonopin every night, it helps me. But as Ian said, lots of docs are not wanting to prescribe long term benzos. I used to take 12.5mg zoloft along with it and 7.5mg remeron, these helped immensely, and in small doses, so I didnt get too many side effects. Good luck to u. I find that if I get good sleep, exercise, eat good food, I feel my best!
Bookmark and Share
"Frame your mind to mirth and merriment which bars a thousand harms and lengthens life."--Shakespeare

Tags: