Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Fatigue, headaches  (Read 122 times)

Offline orpheus

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Fatigue, headaches
« on: January 25, 2014, 03:02:21 PM »
I've always been worried about what the future had in store for my health. In my 20s, though, I felt relatively good. And I always imagined I wouldn't start feeling unwell until my 40s, since my impression has been that a lot more people get sick in that decade than people in their 30s.

But the source of a lot of my healthy anxiety started in May 2013 when I woke up with crushing fatigue after a normal 8 hour sleep. It hit me just about every day and finally became an issue where it was draining me for more than four hours on end.

Naturally, I thought I had some kind of terminal illness. I just wasn't sure which. Lyphoma? Leukemia? Heart disease?

After a slew of blood tests (which, I learned later, hardly rule out everything) and some abdominal scans, I can't say I have any reason to think I have cancer. But the fatigue has not gone away. Some days are better than others. There was a period between late July and late September in which my fatigue or exhaustion vanished....but during that time I was dealing with daily bouts of stomach aches and nausea (again, no explanation for this).

When the nausea and stomach aches settled down, the exhaustion returned. This 24 hours after a workout at the gym.

I don't know why I'm tired....some days it's just fatigue. some days it's mostly headaches. some days I get exhaustion (though I think perhaps avoiding excercise has ironically helped me avoid extreme fatigue).....

Anyone else related to this?

I tried connecting with the folks at chronic fatigue syndrome support but most of them are exhausted all the time.... and headaches aren't their primary symptoms either. i also don't get joint aches and other symptoms associated with CFS.

Bookmark and Share

Offline CrazyQuacker75

• Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Fatigue, headaches
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 03:48:51 PM »
Could it be fibromyalgia?
Bookmark and Share
In the race against myself

Offline orpheus

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Fatigue, headaches
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 03:53:27 PM »
i don't have any aches or joint pains. it's the headaches and faituge (or exhaustion on bad days)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: