Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Am I depressed? Falsely accused.  (Read 434 times)

Offline Go4Aesthetics

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Am I depressed? Falsely accused.
« on: January 25, 2014, 12:21:01 PM »
Going through a rough patch brahs, never been depressed before so I don't know if I am or if I should take meds.

I was falsely accused of rape. I wasn't near her during the incident and have witnesses. For 2 weeks I was very suicidal. I couldn't sleep or eat as well. It turns out she's crazy and keeps changing her stories, and it sounds like she was doing it for attention. Although the case hasn't been dropped formally, my lawyer told me nothing would come out of it. Now she's telling people I'm part of a cult, practicing wicca and rape people. I barely know who this girl is. I asked my lawyer if there's anything I can do to press charges on her and he says "No, there's no money to be made, no lawyer will take it. Just chalk it up to a bad experience".

I'm currently studying for my MCAT again and am trying to get into med school still.  I had a few interviews but no acceptance.  Some of them told me to improve my MCAT scores. But I can't even focus. I think to myself why bother becoming a physician if all people are going to do is sue you malpractice. I can't help but look at the "bad" in people nowadays, when before I use ALWAYS give people benefit of the doubt no matter how much one says they hate that person. I can't help but look at the "bad" in medicine. If I mess up a person dies and I can get sued no matter if I followed everything by the book. I find myself feeling "dead" to the world. I feel like I have nothing to look forward to. I just don't feel "happy" as I used to. I had real bad anxiety & Hypochondria which I never took Zoloft for (prescribed) because I thought I would "man" it up, I slowly did get over my anxiety and hypochondria. But how do I get over the fact that I cannot trust women. I'm scared to go clubbing and be my old ways of going up to random girls, using bad pick up lines and it working because of my facial aesthetics.

All the while I'm still very angry that she is still spreading lies and my lawyer told me to chalk it up as a bad experience. I mean how do I get over the fact this girl has had no punishment for literally causing stress, anxiety, mental breakdowns, making me suicidal for her own gain. I'm trying to be that confident guy I used to be prior to this whole mess but I am finding it very difficulty. I don't know if I should take meds or if it really is just a rough patch
Bookmark and Share

Offline Wren

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Am I depressed? Falsely accused.
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 06:44:54 PM »
I'm sorry you have to go through that, I'm not sure how I would manage that. People are really messed up. I feel like its 100% normal to be depressed after that. I understand the studying thing I've been trying all day but its no use, where are you applying to med school(if you don't mind me asking)?

If you should take drugs or not that's really up to you, I think talking about it is the first step.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sleepingbear

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Am I depressed? Falsely accused.
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 08:20:13 PM »
I'm sorry you're in such an uncomfortable place.  I would strongly suggest finding or going back to a therapist to help you process this trauma and move in a healthy direction.  It is OKAY to seek outside support.  It's the smartest thing for you.  Just keep in mind that when were extremely anxious and/or depressed, our thinking can be distorted and we can't always see the road clearly.  Trust that you will come out the other side of this unfortunate experience.   You WILL make it through.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: