Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Does this sound like anxiety??  (Read 153 times)

Offline Anna1984

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Does this sound like anxiety??
« on: January 25, 2014, 11:26:41 AM »
I have suffered with anxiety before in previous years. Anxiety over flying, vomiting and being too far away from home. I have suffered from panic attacks but now am having different symptoms that have been put down to anxiety and panic attacks. Originally my panic attacks included, rapid breathing, feeling hot, sweaty and shakey, nausea and diarrhoea. Over the past few years, randomly for no reason at all I have suffered from a sudden onset of a feeling like bubbles in my throat, like all the air has been drawn out of my lungs, dizziness, severe sweating, rapid heartbeat, weakness and then near vomiting due to hyperventilating! Then an achy tight chest for the next few days
It's only ever happened mildly until recently where it is happening quite often. Not always to that full extent but I quite often have the tight chest during the day. There is no trigger, it just happens. First time brushing my hair another bending down and not as bad one today in a shop but I now have a tight chest.

Really sorry to babble on. I am hoping someone may be out there who can help me!
Thanks for reading!

Anna x
Bookmark and Share

Offline Radiant_Nebula

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Does this sound like anxiety??
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 06:14:45 PM »
I can definitely relate. I've had panic attacks my whole life that would involve shaking and hyperventilating but recently I too have started to feel a tightness in my chest. I actually went to the ER it got so bad one night! I had been having chest pains for weeks and one night I just started shaking and my body felt numb and I felt like I wasn't getting enough oxygen so I rushed to the ER. What I would suggest to you is to consult your doctor just to rule out any physical causes. If it is anxiety try to put your focus onto something else such as music, a book, or a craft, whatever holds your attention. Just remember you are not alone and you will get through this!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: