Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Is this my IBS???  (Read 226 times)

Offline daviezmom

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Is this my IBS???
« on: January 25, 2014, 12:01:51 AM »
I've had IBS for several years.  It comes and goes without warning.  Sometimes a specific food will trigger it, and the next time I eat it, it won't.  So it's been really random. 
But for the past month, I've had an upper right quadrant area discomfort in one specific spot.  It's not a pain as much as it is an ache.  I do not have a gallbladder, so I know it's not that.  I've also felt more gassy, although it seems a bit trapped most of the time.  I'm not having horrible, agonizing stomach cramps or any sort of constipation or diarrhea.  I'm just always feeling like I'm full of gas, and I have that URQ discomfort.  I'm not making any connections to this with food I've eaten, it just seems to always be there.   If it is my IBS, it's not a symptom I'm used to.  I always worry when it comes to anything like this, because my dad died of colon cancer.
I did have a colonoscopy 4 years ago, at which time they removed a non cancerous polyp and I'm supposed to go back next year for another colonoscopy. 
Anyone have an idea of how long it takes for colon cancer to develop and grow? 
Bookmark and Share

Online Lunatone

• Rec's: 19
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Is this my IBS???
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 01:49:45 AM »
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/82/Stomach_colon_rectum_diagram.svg Is the spot it hurts the place on the right side (your left) of the drawing where the bowel curves?

If so, thats a common annoying place for such IBS pain, because of the slightly reduced space caused by the turn.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kjoyce

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Is this my IBS???
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 02:29:47 PM »
I had that pain (upper right) before. It came out of nowhere and was constant for 2-3 months until I took a laxative cos felt constipated. The next morning had a BM and the pain went away completely. I actually got it back 2 weeks ago. I'm thinking of trying the laxative again. Maybe it will help you too.
Bookmark and Share
If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop digging.

Tags: