Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: And my health fears are back....  (Read 220 times)

Offline aec711

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
And my health fears are back....
« on: January 24, 2014, 09:54:52 PM »
Hypochondria and anxiety have once again taken over my life :(  This has been going on since I was a little girl - but the panic attacks didn't start until I was 19 - I am 32 now.  This has come and gone for as long as I remember.  The problem now is that I have a 3 year old and and 1 year old - I need to be there for them and not spending time and energy worrying about myself. My husband says it is like taking care the 3 kids :(  For the last week or so my face feels almost numb - but really more of skin tightness - on both cheeks and between my nose and lips.  Of course my mind says brain tumor or MS.  And then I have had a weird headache so it is probably a tumor lol.  I can sit and laugh about how ridiculous I sound - but it is awful.  I know these face sensations are a symptom of anxiety - but this is one I have never had before.  Just so I feel better - has anyone else had this weird almost numb tight face feeling?  It was coming and going a few times a day - and now it has been almost constant all evening  - I am sure because I am dwelling on it.  I hate this cycle.  It never ends !
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kindra11

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
Re: And my health fears are back....
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 11:50:07 PM »
I have the same face symptoms that you described, I figured out that when my anxiety is up I tend to clench my jaw which has led to me having TMJ.
Bookmark and Share
Broken, But Not Destroyed

Offline aec711

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 11:59:19 PM »
I am pretty sure I have tmj as well - I have horrible sinuses and ear problems too - go figure lol.  I don't know why my anxiety creeps up on me.  I will be good for a few months and then have a bad few months - rinse and repeat.  Anyway, thank you for your response :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kindra11

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2014, 08:29:31 PM »
Lol funny, I see an ent on Tuesday about my sinus and ear issues. I will let you know what he says!
Bookmark and Share
Broken, But Not Destroyed

Tags: