Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: looking for someone who can relate  (Read 254 times)

Offline kina

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
looking for someone who can relate
« on: January 24, 2014, 05:48:10 PM »
Hi I am new to this site my name is Kina I have been dealing with health anxiety and depression and GAD for years  I have been up and down with anxiety I can have a few good months and then BOOM it comes back. I am without a therapist at the moment actually haven't had one for about 3 yrs. My Dr. Started my buspar and lexapro again. I have a really bad habit of stopping it when I start feeling good again. Silly me I don't really have anyone who can relate to talk to my husband has no idea what mental health issues are like he is more of a "oh girl there is nothing wrong with you cut it out" or here you go again ugh. I would love to find some chat buddies or local support buddies  does anyone else out there have this problem with their mate  :question:
Bookmark and Share

Offline MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 23
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: looking for someone who can relate
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 07:01:47 PM »
Hi Kina; welcome to Anxiety Zone...

It's really a shame that so often it's only those that suffer with chronic anxiety/panic attacks/depression, that can understand these disorders.  If someone says they have cancer, diabetes, heart disease, or even a broken leg, it seems like everyone can understand that.

The bottom line is that chronic anxiety/panic attacks/depression is not a "mental illness", but in reality is also a physical one, with physical components.

I am glad to hear that your physician has started you back on an anti-depressant.  With the history you have provided, you should give some deep consideration to perhaps remaining on your BuSpar and Lexapro indefinitely, meaning the rest of your life.  I plan on being on an anti-depressant, for the rest of mine.

You are among friends here on Anxiety Zone.  Keep us up to date on how you are doing.

The very best to you, Kina!...  Chuck
Bookmark and Share

Offline kina

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 10:30:39 PM »
My anxiety issues have ranged over the yrs from thinking I have just about every illness u can think of I have been in and out of E.r's all over Philly. I get jittery sweats I jump out of my sleep my stomach is ugh off and on worse case scenario thoughts like I can't have normal thoughts like normal people I always go the extreme worse case over the clifft thinking like I drank a lot of water today am I a diabetic and I don't know it or hey my head hurts or is it a tumor you guys get what I mean :fragend005:
Bookmark and Share

Offline kina

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2014, 11:19:38 AM »
I just wanted to point out something that I noticed. Iknow I have health anxiety diagnosed yrs ago but I am too afraid to go into that forum on here. I was just over there scrolling through and I got the heck out of there all of the ailments started to get in my head  :traurig001:too scary
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jones

• 1Peter 2:24
  • Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2014, 12:27:07 PM »
Kina - I can certainly relate to you regarding being on Lexapro, feeling good and then thinking it's okay to go off, only to have the anxiety come back again. I've done this several times. I think I've finally learned my lesson because it's been about seven months since dipping into the abyss and struggling hard to get out. I'm back on Lexapro and currently trying....trying....trying to get off the klonopin, that was only supposed to be taken until I was at a level dose of Lexapro. As I said, it's been seven months, so getting off the klonopin has been really hard.

Today I am struggling with free floating anxiety - my current and has been my cross to bare for awhile now, is that I'm slowly losing my marbles!!! I know it's just the anxiety, but still - that little voice in the back of your head (not literally) telling you this time it's for real....

I feel for you, I understand you, and if ever you want to chat, please feel free to PM me. I think it helps to talk to others who are going through the same thing as you.

God's peace.
Jones
Bookmark and Share
He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed.

Offline mta214

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2014, 01:20:20 PM »
Hello Kina and welcome to Anxiety Zone!

I can definitely relate to what you posted, as I'm sure many others here also can. Anxiety is awful, and as was  mentioned above, only those who suffer from it know the daily struggles. 

I would be willing to be a chat buddy also.  Feel free to PM me.  I don't know if you text, but if you do,I could give you my text #, as I text on my Kindle.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: