Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: How do you deal with judgement?  (Read 145 times)

Offline vwgreen

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
How do you deal with judgement?
« on: January 24, 2014, 02:59:38 AM »
does anyone else have family or friends who are un-supportive when you confide your anxieties with them? do you get the "you're crazy" eye roll? Im the type that needs constant reassurance from friends and family, and it seems like it pains them to listen to me when im so sure im "dying". ive even been told to hurry up and die already. these people genuinely dont understand that this is not something i have control over, and its not something i do for fun or attention. i feel like the only way i will ever get across to them that this is all very real to me is if i have a legitimate mental break down infront of them. like do i need to cry or something? Im getting tired of living this way. ive had health anxiety and anxiety in general for as long as i can remember. i would give anything to have the kind of day normal people do, where they get to wake up and enjoy things instead of being obsessed with the fact i probably have some kind of disease. i will be preoccupied with one disease, before something miraculously convinces me, no no i dont have that.. and then i pick up a new one. its horrible. and hypochondria is a real crippling disorder and i hate that people treat it like a joke.

Why do we not have a hypochondria awareness month? LOL
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ihadcancer

• Rec's: 7
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: How do you deal with judgement?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 05:45:00 AM »
I've had to explain to my husband that I don't WANT to feel this way and it's not something I can choose not to 'do'.

A woman at church openly teased me about it twice (worrying about possible cancer return) but now she has a very rare form of leukemia that can never be cured and has to be monitored monthly.  She's very scared and doesn't come to church because she's afraid she'll catch something.  I'm guessing she understands now.
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 168
    • Poke This Member
Re: How do you deal with judgement?
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 05:47:12 AM »
Unless people experience anxiety they will never fully understand it. So if you are ever telling anybody approach them knowing this. They might say they are sorry to hear that. Really we can't expect much more from them. To be fair to them that is. They wouldn't have any real idea what you go through. We can tell them. Try and explain it all. What do we expect back from them? Some might see it as lot dumped on them that they could do without. Might have things going on in their own lives. Others might ask how they can help. Even those who offer help can only do so much for people. As it is a frequent thing there will come a point were they will go ' not this again '. Not because they are been bad. They simply don't understand it. It could be a daily thing for you. To have attacks of some sort. Personally I wouldn't bother others if they were that frequent. Because I know it would be too much for them to take in. Getting help here and there is one thing. After a while it may come across as pestering them. Though you don't mean to do that. Just they don't get the whole anxiety thing at all. So keep that in mind. I never tell many people at all about me. Might have one or two only. Even at that I never really open up to them. Because I know they won't get the whole anxiety thing. You have to have lived it to understand it.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: