Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Making the physical symptoms of anxiety to away.  (Read 313 times)

Offline Rob498

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Making the physical symptoms of anxiety to away.
« on: January 23, 2014, 08:05:20 PM »
Hey everybody.

I'm 15 years old, and just joined this forum.

So my problem basically is, ever since a boy at my school died of a heart problem a year and a half ago, it triggered something in me to be constantly worried about suffering the same thing as him. And due to this I suffered from the symptoms of anxiety per se, which include shortness of breath, rapid heartbeat, sweating, and some other things I fail to recall.

I know this are all symptoms of anxiety as I never suffered them before all this, and having looked them up on the internet I am sure that is what it is.

But in the last few months I have managed to forget about the heart worries, which is great..

But I still seem to suffer from the symptoms of anxiety? The main is shortness of breath as it feels like my lungs can't take much air in. I just find it strange that I don't worry anymore, yet I still suffer these symptoms.

Is this what it is? Do you continue with these physical symptoms even after you think you've cured yourself?

Any advice is much appreciated. And reading through all these threads has made me feel a bit better.

Thanks!  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kindra11

• Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
Re: Making the physical symptoms of anxiety to away.
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 12:08:27 AM »
I think it's definitely anxiety. Even when I'm not worrying I still have shortness of breath, sweaty nervous feeling, jitters.... It's normal. Have you considered counselling to help you process what happened and how to cope? I'm sorry to hear about the boy at school, it's hard to experience death at such a young age, my anxiety started the same way, only I was 17 when my friend passed away :) people on this forum are great listeners and have a lot of great advice if you feel like talking!
Bookmark and Share
Broken, But Not Destroyed

Offline Rob498

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 07:45:50 PM »
Haven't posted in here in a while.

Thanks for the tips. Still suffering from these physical symptoms over the past few days and I just can't shake them. I feel powerless.  :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline jwhite6541

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 09:14:33 PM »
I would highly suggest talking to a therapist. My anxiety really started for me after a close friend of mine had a heart attack. He survived without any damage done to his heart but it really messed me up. When I started seeing my therapist it really helped to just be able to talk to someone. I've also done CBT and even though it is alot of hard work it is really worth it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lara71

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 09:17:55 PM »
Hi Rob, you should talk to your parents or if you don't feel comfortable with that a counselor at school. You don't want your anxiety to spiral out of control. Having someone your age die sucks, but it is rare.
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 65
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 09:48:53 PM »
Welcome to anxietyzone. The chances of you having a major health issue at your age are remote. I would talk to
your parents and/or your doctor and explain all of your concerns to them so they can help you get better.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Tags: