Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Advice or help needed please  (Read 174 times)

Offline MichaelL

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Advice or help needed please
« on: January 23, 2014, 03:22:35 PM »
Hello my name is Mike. I'm 20 years old and have recently joined the forum.
I think I suffer from OCD that causes me depression.
Since I was 16 I started suffering anxiety and have worried about loads of things like health, sexuality, mental health etc.
It first started getting bad when I was 17. I got a thought one day that I was gay and I worried for months about it convincing myself that I was.
Then at 18 I started worrying about my health and was convinced I was ill and was suffering from HIV, I stopped worrying about that once I got tested. My next OCD was that I was sexually attracted to children and I was convinced I was a pedophile that lasted for a few months.
It got to the point where I was so fed up with having these anxiety's so I looked at ways to beat it and started living a much more healthier lifestyle.
I started exercising everyday and eating only healthy food, I quit smoking and rarely drink alcohol. For a while I was feeling good and much happier until a few months ago where I started getting anxiety again. I think the reason I was getting it was because of the job I was in. It was a really boring job and I started getting a fear of going insane from not being active. Ever since then I have been getting anxiety a lot. I quit that job then started a new one but it was much the same and I was still enduring long periods of in activeness which started making my anxiety's worse. I tried sticking at it but it felt like it was getting worse so I quit that job as well. It's hard to even get a job nowadays and it makes me feel bad that I quit them for silly reasons.
I started a new job that was my perfect sort of job and was really happy there but I got fired from it for unfair reasons so I got pretty depressed from that. I've got a another new job now but I still am getting depression and anxiety. My current anxiety is still to do with whether I'm going insane or not. A couple months ago I was stupid and used drugs twice and I feel as if that could have something to do with my anxiety becoming worse. I'm anti drugs and I completely regret doing it and will never do it again. Everyday I look in the mirror I get scared and worried. It's horrible and I hate it so much. I've tried everything like yoga, meditation, healthy eating, exercise and I'm still having pretty much emotional breakdowns. Sometimes I feel so unhappy. Sorry for such a long post. I'm just really frustrated and looking for some advice or help. I can't understand that I live such a healthy lifestyle but still feel like this. Another anxiety I have is when I'm around people that I feel are mentally unwell I start getting scared that I'm becoming like them.
Can anyone give me any advice on what I should do?
I've considered medication but I'm still worried that I will become dependent on it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
Re: Advice or help needed please
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 08:10:36 AM »
What I see is a good person trying to find himself. I have great compassion for young people in the times we're in. All that technology, the extremes in just about everything. Sensational and unrealistic.

You may want to speak to a therapist, maybe get some mild medication, think about the kind of work you can do and prepare for it. I am big into yoga, tai chi, the gym, and daily meditation. These require time and patience. Benefits accrue over time. Try to be patient, forgive yourself, like yourself, see the good in you, try to be optimistic and hopeful. We try to support you.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: