Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Lyrica works!  (Read 215 times)

Offline snowmanrn

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Lyrica works!
« on: January 22, 2014, 09:55:05 PM »
Hi I am new here. Somebody suggested I put my posting in this section.
I'm not sure what everybody has tried but I have tried a lot of different treatments and medications for GAD. In my opinion most meds will not work or will lose efficacy after a while (even Xanax and Klonopin) and will need to be cycled on and off. That being said, I have gotten the best relief from Lyrica (pregabalin). I have been on it for about 5 years now and have escalated the dose, but for the most part IT WORKS! It is expensive and getting insurance to pay for it is nearly impossible but there is no price on anxiety relief. I think the patent doesn't expire until 2018 but check out Pfizer Connection to Care Program on their website (I got it my first year for free). Many doctors and psychiatrists are aware of this drug for fibromyalgia treatment but not for anxiety because while it is approved for anxiety treatment in Europe, it is not in the U.S. Ask Mr. Prescriber for a free sample bottle and try it.

I think I am to suffer with this illness for the rest of my life and I feel very bad that others have to endure this as well. It IS a continuous struggle but while there is a lot of suffering there certainly can be enjoyment in life.

I welcome any help or advice from others!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: