Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: scared of me having a brain tumor  (Read 158 times)

Offline pellis76

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
scared of me having a brain tumor
« on: January 22, 2014, 03:13:13 PM »
Ok, I know this is going to sound weird. I am 37 years old and a female, and I have always had this fear of having a brain tumor.  I have been through alot the past couple of months very stressful.  for the past couple of weeks I have been completely out of it, like in a daze.  I also feel very weak after standing up for a couple of minutes.  My left ear I hear whooshing sounds every night.  My worse fear is a brain tumor.  I don't know if its just my depression or anxiety acting up but I feel like there is something wrong.  I have always been a hypochondriac but this time I feel weird.  Any help or anyone that knew someone that had a brain tumor what the symptoms were.   Thank you
Bookmark and Share

Offline pellis76

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: scared of me having a brain tumor
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 03:28:09 PM »
Also I forgot to mention that my dad passed away from cancer 5 years ago, so since then I have always had a fear of being sick or dying because I watched him suffer so much.  Please someone help me  :angry:
Bookmark and Share

Offline jayzi

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 03:45:12 PM »
Weakness standing up after a few minutes is low blood pressure or sugar levels; something blood related anyway. I have such low blood pressure even stretching or sitting up makes me feel like I'm going to faint, let alone standing up. You haven't mentioned any symptoms of a brain tumour, so how can it be a brain tumour? ;D The ear thing could be anything, it wouldn't be linked to a brain tumour. Maybe you just have an ear infection? Have you been to the doctors? I had this scare of a tumour a month ago, and it lasted over a month. Turns out it was just major anxiety.
Trust me, if you had a brain tumour you'd be having bad headaches in the morning, being sick, memory loss or some kind of "special symptom" depending on where it is in the brain, eye problems (doctors can spot this) and the symptoms usually get progressively worse over time as it grows. If you haven't seeked any medical attention yet, then things can't be that bad. If this is worrying you a lot like it did to me, just see a doctor, they should help put you in a better and more positive state of mind.
Get better soon, and good luck!

Jay
Bookmark and Share

Offline firebird3428

• Rec's: 1
  • I will overcome this some day!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 05:03:14 PM »
Yes, I agree with jayzi when he said that weakness while standing is probably a sign of low blood sugar or dehydration. You're probably so nervous that you're forgetting to eat, and drink. So when you're feeling especially nervous try to suck on a piece of candy, or drink something sweet. Your depression/anxiety is making you experience these symptoms, even if you're not consciously anxious.

Bookmark and Share
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.
-Benjamin Franklin

Offline pellis76

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 05:35:11 PM »
Thank you guys.  The symptoms I'm having are being out of it. All foggy in the head. Weird pain in the back of my head around the neck area.  I'm just a mess being scared. And i have no medical insurance. That's why I haven't been to the doctors.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: