Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: One Happy Thought  (Read 110 times)

Offline EsotericNonsense

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
One Happy Thought
« on: January 22, 2014, 02:13:18 PM »
There is this force inside us that turns the world around us dark and grey. It penetrates our very core and tarnishes our closest relationships. It makes us feel alone in a room full of people. It brings back memories and worries from the worst parts of our lives and turns our minds into a whirlwind of fear and anxiety. It sucks away all happy thoughts from our lives and turns them into distant memories that feel like they must have happened to someone else. It makes us wake up every morning not wanting to get out of bed. It makes us skip meals because we can't manifest the energy to cook. It makes us not want to face another day walking through this fog that feels like it will never lift.

This fog has a name. It is called depression. And there is a remedy. The remedy is to think of one happy thought. But with the fog penetrating every corner of our bodies, even remembering that happy thoughts exist is difficult. And once we find the thought it feels like it must belong to someone else for we could not possibly have felt happy about anything in the past. But this is just the force fighting to keep control over us. So how are we supposed to grasp onto a happy thought when every wisp happiness is chased away from us?

Intellectually we know that we haven't always felt this way. That there were times in our life when we genuinely felt happy. When we looked forward to starting a new day. When we had goals and ambitions. So we reach deep into our memories into what feels a different lifetime, and grasp onto a glimmer of happiness and hold on tight. And whatever happens we don't let go because we know that glimmer of happiness is our only way out. That one happy thought has the ability to clear a path out of the fog and back to our real lives.
Bookmark and Share

Offline MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: One Happy Thought
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 06:17:26 PM »
Hi EN...

I just wanted to say "Thank-You!", for sharing these very special words.

Thank God that time doesn't stand still, for though it would be Heaven for some, it would be Hell for others...

The very best to you, EN!...  Chuck
Bookmark and Share

Offline snowmanrn

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 10:26:24 AM »
Thanks EN! Yes it is so hard to focus on happy thoughts but I am trying to do that more and more. It is easy for us to get so wrapped up in our own problems/pain that it is hard to think of others but I have been doing more research lately on what makes people happy. I have been finding happy people   serve others. I am about to start focusing more on what I can do for others in hope that possibly I will get helped in the process. While this may be selfish doing good work is still doing good work. I am not religious but there are plenty of ways to get out there and volunteer. Just yesterday I took a homeless guy to the store and got him some food and antibiotic cream, lotion, and band-aids for his rough and cut-up hands. Opportunities for random acts of kindness are everywhere.
Bookmark and Share

Offline AncientMelody

• Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 10:40:15 AM »
There is a good quote that I read the other day that touches on exactly that:

"We rise by lifting others"  :)
Bookmark and Share