Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Visual snow?  (Read 472 times)

Offline jayzi

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Visual snow?
« on: January 21, 2014, 04:07:59 PM »
Hello, does anyone else have visual snow? It is really scaring me. It looks like I'm seeing things through a monitor, everything is covered in pixels. I have had this all my life.
Below is exactly how I see the world.

It is extremely clear in the dark, I cannot imagine a dark room without it. I can also see it clearly when looking at the sky. I can also see it everywhere anyway.
Please is does anyone else get this? I have had floaters recently and white sparks/dots swimming around if I look into a bright light such as the sky.
Bookmark and Share

Offline BuzzBee1

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Visual snow?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 10:18:03 PM »
Hi jayzi,

Welcome to the forum.  You are now a member of our community, where you will find support and advice from other members in similar situations.   It's always nice to find someone else who understands, and to know you're not alone.

We have sections in the forum that address specific concerns, so feel free to post or start a new topic in the section that best fits your situation.  Feel free to explore the rest of the forum.  You may find the other topics helpful, and you may be able to offer advice or support to someone else.

We also have a chat room for members over the age of 18.  Once you have made three meaningful posts, you will be allowed access to the chat room.

Good luck to you, and again, welcome to AZ.

Buzzy
Bookmark and Share

Offline imMatt

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 02:15:24 AM »
I have this too, all my life. I guess you just get used to it :p
Bookmark and Share

Offline matt1990

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 01:00:17 AM »
Yes I have visual snow for almost 20 years now. It started when I was 7 years old and while scary at first I did get used to it. I hardly ever notice it anymore although it is always there like you described.
Bookmark and Share

Offline BlueCricket

• Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 02:10:04 AM »
Very normal and nothing to stress about.  You'll just force yourself to notice it a lot more of you keep thinking about it.  When I was a kid,  I had no clue what those million dots in my vision were.  I used to feel very depressed and hopeless,  thinking it was a sign that I was slowly going blind.  14 years later and I still see clearly.  Of course I still see the visual snow,  but it no longer bothers me because I know it is normal.  :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline silverfish212121

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 09:05:49 AM »
I've always assumed that everyone's vision is like that (at least in the dark). Maybe it is, and other people simply aren't aware of it...who knows? I hadn't noticed it myself until after I started obsessing over my vision a few years ago...
Bookmark and Share

Offline karachondria

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Obsessed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2014, 12:00:48 PM »
 Apparently everyone has it but only 80% of people's brains notice it

I have it so bad in the dark
Colourful too!
Bookmark and Share

Offline jayzi

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2014, 01:03:31 PM »
Thanks everyone who replied, that is very very reassuring. At least now I know I'm not going blind.  :laugh3:
My only pronlem right now is eye floaters and these weird bright spark looking dots jumping around when I look into the sky. I'm going to start taking magnesium in a couple of days, I hope that helps. Someone tell me floaters are normal, even for a 15 year old?  :bigsmile:
Bookmark and Share

Offline emily1994

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2014, 01:13:47 PM »
Yep, floaters are normal for everyone. Also, the bright jumping dots when looking at the sky is normal as well. I'm pretty sure everyone gets that.
Bookmark and Share

Offline jayzi

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2014, 02:15:03 PM »
I just found out what the dancing bright lights are: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_field_entoptic_phenomenon
I don't think they're anything to worry about, I don't think it's rare. Someone else reply if you have this?
Bookmark and Share

Offline BlueCricket

• Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2014, 02:17:05 PM »
I have it also. lol
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2014, 07:37:42 PM »
Thanks everyone who replied, that is very very reassuring. At least now I know I'm not going blind.  :laugh3:
My only pronlem right now is eye floaters and these weird bright spark looking dots jumping around when I look into the sky. I'm going to start taking magnesium in a couple of days, I hope that helps. Someone tell me floaters are normal, even for a 15 year old?  :bigsmile:

Floaters are VERY normal!  Although mine started at 19, my daughters started around 14 or 15 - you must be very nearsighted?  Very common with that.   I have floaters so bad that if I look at a bright wall it's just covered in webing!  Floaters can be dots, strings, black blobs, brown smudges - they can be the size of a pin prick, they can cover half the vision in one eye... they can distort your peripheral color vision - they can do a host of things.   You get used to it and don't even notice it after a while.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: visual snow