Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Ovary Troubles/Fears  (Read 258 times)

Offline firebird3428

• Rec's: 1
  • I will overcome this some day!
    • Poke This Member
Ovary Troubles/Fears
« on: January 21, 2014, 12:38:20 PM »
I'm 21, and I'm having really bad anxiety thinking about OvCa

Since around ovulation of my last period, I've been having pain in right ovary. Ovulation pain is normal for me, and it's usually on the right side, and I visited my gyno and general doc about it before and they said it's normal.

But it didn't go away during my period. It stuck around coming on and off, and now that I'm ovulating again it hurts now, pretty badly. I have lots of gas, my leg hurts, and I'm terrified. It fluctuates throughout the day, comes and goes but it's more constant now during ovulation. It's yesterday when the pain got worse.

No history of it in the family, bowel movements normal, everything else is normal except those things.  I'm going to schedule an appointment but I'm already bawling from all my fear. God I hate HA  :traurig001:
Bookmark and Share
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.
-Benjamin Franklin

Offline PrinceTuesday

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Ovary Troubles/Fears
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 02:18:49 PM »
Don't worry!!! Ovarian cancer is very very uncommon in people our age (I am 23). I have had all the symptoms that you have plus back pain, acid reflux, and spotting, and I had an ultrasound last week and I had benign follicular cysts which I guess up to 80 percent of women in their twenties have. Went to gyno yesterday and she did a full exam and said everything was fine! Thanks to HA i am back to worrying about pancreatic cancer and my heart.....that's life.
Bookmark and Share

Offline firebird3428

• Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 02:52:16 PM »
Thank you princetuesday. I'm so terrified, I've had symptoms similar these before when I was 19, and I went out of my mind around then too. I just wish these symptoms would just go away because I'm tired of feeling scared. I definitely will go to the gyno tomorrow
Bookmark and Share
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.
-Benjamin Franklin

Offline xxAmyxx

• Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 06:34:40 PM »
You prob have a cyst, very common - I have one right now too. They'll prob send you for an U/S to get a better look. No worries.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anagargano

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 06:46:08 PM »
try not to worry ovarian cancer at your age is extremely rare....extremely.....its probably a cyst which is nothing to worry about or nothing at all just hormones playing up...trust me....not cancer
Bookmark and Share

Offline firebird3428

• Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 01:03:29 PM »
I did not end up going to the doctor today, but I will schedule an apppointment by friday if this continues.
The pain diminished today, i still have gas but I feel generally better than yesterday. I'm still scared out of my mind thinking that my stomach is growing, even though it looks the same it always has.

Thank you everyone for the support. HA is a nightmare
Bookmark and Share
-Benjamin Franklin

Offline lkk2507

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2014, 03:53:23 PM »
I have ovulation pain too and its always worse on the right as well. Having it right now actually. its tolerable for me, more of a sore feeling but soemtimes it goes into my groin or legs.. or feels like a pressure sometimes too. Ive had it stick around till my period too. I'd bet its a normal functional cyst.
Bookmark and Share
God is Good.

Offline Cassafras

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2014, 04:19:46 PM »
I have had the EXACT same symptoms happening to me for several months.  I just got the results back from my ultrasound and it turns out I have an ovarian cyst.  They are super duper common and benign.  Sometimes they put women on birth control to clear them up if it is really bothering you.  After finding out the results and talking to several different women about it,  more than half of them have had ovarian cysts as well.  You're going to be okay:)
Bookmark and Share