Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Anxiety worse with other life stress  (Read 173 times)

Offline lkk2507

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anxiety worse with other life stress
« on: January 21, 2014, 09:37:38 AM »
Has anyone noticed their HA gets worse when you have other life stressors? I notice that my mom who is an alcoholic seems to trigger me when she is drinking and worrying me. Also, recently I had a bad work / client experience that had me all worked up. Next thing I know I'm obsessing about my health again.
Bookmark and Share
God is Good.

Offline MOchp

• Anxiety Magnet
  • Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Cold
    Cold
  • Living in Fear of My Own Body
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anxiety worse with other life stress
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 10:57:44 AM »
Yeah, I have had anxiety episodes set off more than once by an external stressor in my life.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jenniferio

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 11:36:19 AM »
Absolutely, we just moved and everything seems weird.  Prior to the move my mind was occupied with moving details but now that we are settling in I find myself waking up every morning with my anxiety raging. 

I have to remember to keep my mouth closed and breathe ONLY through my nose.  Also, to slightly push out my lower abdomen when I slowly inhale.  Lots to remember!  Much easier to do at night in bed where it works beautifully. 

Buteyko breathing has changed my life and now I have to discipline my self to do it with new determination.
Bookmark and Share

Offline MOchp

• Anxiety Magnet
  • Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Cold
    Cold
  • Living in Fear of My Own Body
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 01:04:14 PM »
Absolutely, we just moved and everything seems weird.  Prior to the move my mind was occupied with moving details but now that we are settling in I find myself waking up every morning with my anxiety raging. 

I have to remember to keep my mouth closed and breathe ONLY through my nose.  Also, to slightly push out my lower abdomen when I slowly inhale.  Lots to remember!  Much easier to do at night in bed where it works beautifully. 

Buteyko breathing has changed my life and now I have to discipline my self to do it with new determination.

That's good you found something to help yourself with your anxiety. I think a big thing for people is to find something to help themselves at least try to feel better. Whether this means trying meditation or simply trying to find foods that are supposed to help with anxiety. I think a big thing with things like this is it gets your mind off of your anxiety and onto trying to help it get better.
Bookmark and Share

Offline xxAmyxx

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 06:48:53 PM »
Absolutely! My HA was far in the back of my mind. I've been under constant stress for the past 6 months, selling our house, living in temp apt. until new house is done, sudden loss of a friend, loss of my pet, my own personal health scare, etc. etc. and here I am with my HA in full swing! Uggghhh!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: