Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I cannot stop worrying & it's taking over my mind!  (Read 186 times)

Offline SummerSun41

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I cannot stop worrying & it's taking over my mind!
« on: January 21, 2014, 06:30:13 AM »
First of all- anxiety is messing with my sleep now so that really sucks. I'm never awake this early and I've woken up a few times during the night. I don't know what to do about it. :(

Anyway- when I wake up or when I'm not busy or concentrating on something, my mind automatically goes into this anxiety-filled place and I can't control it. I don't even know how to describe it- I get this general bad feeling, then my mind starts worrying about anxiety. I have thoughts like "I wonder how anxious I'll be today, I wonder if I'll overthink everything again today, I wish this stupid anxiety would just go away, I want to feel normal and not 'derealized' today!" It's hard to describe the feeling I get but I guess it's just a general anxious feeling. My mind runs wild and then I get into a derealizdd state, which is not fun. Life just feels so weird and unfamiliar a lot of the time. Can derealization cause these thoughts? I have some existential anxiety too sometimes and a fear of death.

I don't really let it get me down and I still continue with daily life (going to class, going to work, exercising, hanging out with friends) but it's almost a 24/7 thing and I just don't know what to do about it. Are there any natural supplements that can calm down the mind? Can anyone else relate to this situation? Please share your experiences if you do!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sleepingbear

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I cannot stop worrying & it's taking over my mind!
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 09:01:10 AM »
I'm exactly where you are right now, it sounds.  Hoping my new med will kick in and keeping the faith.  I, too, still go about the day as you describe you do.  And it's a positive thing that you are keeping in the routine of life.  I have had a couple times of rough spots like this in my 52 years.  Currently having one, but know without a doubt, there is an end and return to a pretty comfortable life.  I'm focusing on this fact during my toughest days.  Cheering you on--get the professional help you need when you need it.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: