Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: School?!  (Read 131 times)

Offline redcoat13

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
School?!
« on: January 21, 2014, 01:14:27 AM »
Hi everyone. I know it's been a while since my last post, but that doesn't mean the anxiety has gone away. Well I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but I have emetophobia which means I'm afraid of vomit. It's a weird thing I know but ever since I was little it's been my worst fear. Anyways, it's my third week at school and I'm absolutely terrifed. It's a new semester and everything already sucks. My friends are distant, I've been testing nonstop and it's been a full year with anxiety. I got it last year in January of 2013 and my mother still refuses to take me to a doctor. I just hate it so much I feel nauseous and sad ugh it's too much. I'm not close to my best friend anymore, I'm still madly in love with my ex boyfriend and I really want things to go back to how they were a year ago. It's flu season which terrifies me because I get scared of being sick and of the people at school being sick. It's silly but I'm so scared of having people throw up in class or get me sick and I end up throwing up. I wanna stay home forever but I can't. Spring break is in 6 weeks and I just wanna leave already. What I'm mostly anxious about is change. I just can't accept it. Can anyone offer me advice? Thanks for reading.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: School?!
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 05:47:18 AM »
Emetaphobic here too. But I am well finished with school. Is there anybody in school you can to about this? Most schools have people there who deal with issues that students have. That might be a good first step. As it seems at home nobody wants to accept you have problems. It is kind of like your mother might be thinking it is just a phase. Something you will grow out of. Which is a shame really. Because I know how hard it is living with this condition. I'm kind of glad mine only came on later in my life. I'm in my 40's so school and all of that sort of stuff were long since over. But I would be looking for a grown up in the school that you could talk to. Once they see you have a serious issue they might even contact your mother and she may have no choice but to begin taken it seriously. Just ask any teacher at the school is there anybody who deals with certain types of of delicate issues. Just see what sort of answer you get back. More schools do have help today than ever before.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: