Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Clenched stomach and anxiety symptoms in general  (Read 162 times)

Offline trishan

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Clenched stomach and anxiety symptoms in general
« on: January 21, 2014, 12:29:10 AM »
So for the last two days I have wen feeling like my stomach is clenching and even when I take a deep breath and relax I won't untense. This has me freaked out something is wrong with me. Also I feel like my brain is becoming dyslexic. It is quick to jump to putting a sentence together when I read anything. I feel like I am also doing that in my head. Anyone experience this
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
Re: Clenched stomach and anxiety symptoms in general
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 05:59:20 AM »
Think with anxiety we can all clinch out stomachs by way of trying to be on guard. As we expect an attack to happen. I always say to think of a cat that sees a dog. You ever see the way it goes up on four paws and the hairs stand up in fright. That is us with our anxiety. Different people can feel it in different parts of the bodies more. You feel it in your stomach. I know loads more do as well. But as you are fully aware of it you pay it more attention. You are focused on it a lot more. If you can take your mind off of it. Find something else to try and focus on I would imagine it would simple vanish. You would not feel it any more in the same. But it is a very common thing with anxiety.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline CarrieAnn

• Rec's: 13
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Clenched stomach and anxiety symptoms in general
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 10:11:34 AM »
Hi Trishan, that is the most prominent symptom I have when I'm deep in the throws of anxiety. What Cuchulan said is right though, if you get your mind off of it somehow by doing something else, you will forget about it and won't notice it as much.

I was going through the same thing a couple of weeks ago...I noticed terrible muscle tension in my abdomen, almost to the point of being painful. When I was distracted by doing something else, the discomfort seemed to vanish.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: