Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Success with Family  (Read 111 times)

Offline beast216

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Success with Family
« on: January 20, 2014, 09:35:28 AM »
All

I thought I would share a few recent successes and a key reason for them.

I have been in a personal pain cave of "feeling sick" and anxiety for about three months (but have been anxious about my health since 2000 after a bout with EBV).  In the last three months, I have had so many tests done and all came back clean but I was convinced something was amiss.  Spent Christmas day in the ER, and most of the holidays in bed.

Anyways...I have been feeling great the last week or so, resuming all normal activities, skiiing with my daughter, enjoying work again, laughing.  My therapist thought I was a different person when he met me last week, and noticed how much I was laughing.   

Anyway...the point is to not brag (because I know one wierd feeling in my head and I might be back on the internet worrying about brain tumors.)  I wanted to share that what helped me most wa to  come completely clean with my family and most improtatnly my wife.  Whereas I used to research every disesase in teh book secretly and keep all these thoughts to myself...I have opened up with my wife and found really good support.   She has helped talk me down from some of my scares, and helped me work thorugh a journal, and made sure I see a therapist consistnently.  In teh past I had hid all of these things because I was embarrassed.  It has made a world of difference going through this with support.  That goes for this forum too...it is good to konw I am not alone.

I know not everyone has a wife, or family that they trust or can rely on.  However, I would suggest finding someone (friend, girlfreind, mother,etc) and talk about your health anxiety with.  You will find it is much better having this out in the open.  I wish I would have done this sooner.  It has helped me tremendously to not suffer with this "in the closet."

Good luck to all
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
Re: Success with Family
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 02:32:10 PM »
I am glad you are felling better and that you have the support you need.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Tags: