Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Hello! I've had mild health anxiety since childhood until....  (Read 175 times)

Offline Cassafras

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hello! I've had mild health anxiety since childhood until....
« on: January 20, 2014, 09:16:31 AM »
Hello all,

I am new here.  I have had mild health anxiety since childhood, and it just recently has become more severe.  I think it all started as a child because I do in fact have a rare lung disease with some symptoms similar to cystic fibrosis, called Primary Ciliary Dyskinesia.  Two of my sisters have it as well, once of whom passed away at age 16 in 1998.  So I have always been very aware of the potential consequences of a health crisis.  My first memory of having HA, was after seeing an episode of Rescue 911;  there was a little girl somewhere between the ages of 4-6 who had a severe headache.  Well, it turned out that she had a brain aneurysm (of course she lived, it was Rescue 911 after all).  After seeing that show I was terrified that the pains I got in my head for time to time were a ticking time bomb, and that I would have an aneurysm.  I did eventually get over this particular fear, but moved on to cancer (don't many of us?) 

So currently I am having severe anxiety over a cancer scare that may in fact be real.  But I have totally blown everything out of proportion in some aspects.  I am awaiting some results today which the rational part of me expects to be negative based on statistics.  It is the further testing I am having tomorrow that is scaring the daylights out of me!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hello! I've had mild health anxiety since childhood until....
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 09:32:40 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: