Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Kind of excited: Long term goals  (Read 113 times)

Offline AncientMelody

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Kind of excited: Long term goals
« on: January 20, 2014, 09:09:45 AM »
So in the course of my anxiety and depression these past months, even though I have not had extended time with a therapist, I still feel very drawn in by the various therapy modalities.  I've been reading about music therapy case studies, then of course have had the CBT and ACT workbooks, etc. And lately I find when I have another patient going through depression, anxiety, life stress, etc. I find it very rewarding to discuss mindfulness, meditation, etc with them.

I don't yet know if my idea has any real workability in my life now or down the road, but my husband and I have been brainstorming. I think a long-term goal for me would be to try to go back to school and get a second master's degree, this time in counseling. If I could work it out, how neat would it be if I were able to serve a dual purpose at work, treating patients both medically, but also have open spots in my schedule for counseling? Again, I think this is a long term plan, with two children so young at home. I think I'd want to do online classes at least at first.

A smaller place to start, perhaps, would be to just take a few basic stand-alone courses. This wouldn't neccessarily change my standing or increase business at work, but at least it's following a new passion, and it would be still good information to share with patients.

My challenge lately is that I'm really starting to have increased motivation and I need to figure out how to reign it in and not overwhelm myself! Going into a cleaning frenzy, making these big plans. Good things, I just have to break them down into smaller, more manageable chunks.
Bookmark and Share

Online MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 21
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Kind of excited: Long term goals
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 02:03:51 PM »
Hi Melody...

What a great post!  It sounds like you have some wonderful plans that will enhance your life, as well as those that you provide assistance.  And taking things slow and easy, in "manageable chunks", is the way to pursue it.

I wish you all the best on moving forward with your goals, Melody!...  Chuck :grinning-smiley-003:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: