Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: New and needing to feel there's a light  (Read 107 times)

Offline Sleepingbear

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
New and needing to feel there's a light
« on: January 19, 2014, 07:42:46 PM »
Hello all.  I'm a 52 year old woman who comes by anxiety honestly, as I have a family history that would impress any mental health professional.  My first episode at age 20 I survived with no meds, no outside help and no understanding of what the hell was wrong with me.   Most anxieties were health centered.  I have a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing from a Big 10 university.  Fast forward to age 37, anxiety again and 2 small children.  Started Paxil which worked beautifully until 6 months ago.  Today, I am filled with anxiety again, have horrific panic attacks, and am having trouble seeing a light at the end of the tunnel despite the fact I've mad it through this before!!  It's so hard to believe how distorted this condition makes one's thinking.  I'm seeing a therapist and a qualified prescriber.  I'm doing CBT and am now on Lexapro.  Two months of Zoloft didn't seem to change anything.  I just started Lexapro 5 days ago and this has been the worst 3 days I've had in years.  Thanks for reading my intro.  I wouldn't wish anxiety/depression on my worst enemy.
Bookmark and Share

Offline crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 68
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: New and needing to feel there's a light
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 01:34:43 AM »
Hi Sleepingbear,

Welcome to the forum.  It is great to have you as a member.  This is a wonderful place to get advice and support from people going through similar situations.  The members here are very helpful. It is nice to know we are not alone.

Feel free to explore the forum.  There are lots of useful topics to read.  Feel free to post and ask questions.  If you have specific concerns or questions start a topic in the appropriate section to get the best feedback. There is also a chat room for members 18 years and older that you can access once you have made three meaningful posts in the forum. 

I understand how hard it can be to stay positive when the anxiety and panic return.  I struggle with this as well, but as you adjust to the new meds and continue with the CBT therapy, I think you will begin to feel a lot better and you will once again see that light at the end of the tunnel.  I hope you find the help and support you are looking for here.

Again welcome to our community.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Tags: