Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: new to zoloft  (Read 1993 times)

Offline somaj

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: new to zoloft
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2014, 01:25:59 PM »
3rd day into the 50mg dose. Been going okay. No other side effects besides feeling a bit keyed up in the morning, but even that has subsided from the first day. Been really really tired at night, which is not a bad thing . I did not have any sleep issues to begin with but now it seems even easier to fall asleep. So I guess its all downhill from here, just need to wait now for it to start taking affect now that I am at the Therapeutic dose. Looking forward to the next few weeks.
Bookmark and Share

Offline BrookeAshley1

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • I may not know where I'm going but I'm on my way.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2014, 02:16:03 PM »
I started zoloft back in October of last year. My first symptom was nausea. It lasted the first couple weeks. The other side effect I had was I was energetic in the morning but extremely tired early in the evening. This was only the first few weeks on the med. I also started at 25mg, and stayed on that a week. I later moved up to 50mg the second week. After that I haven't felt anymore effects from zoloft at all. I would give it some time. The first couple weeks on  an SSRI are always the hardest. Good luck!
Bookmark and Share
Giving up is always an option, but it is never my choice.

Offline somaj

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2014, 10:24:57 AM »
So now its day 10 of the 50mg dose and just over a month since I started. Feeling pretty good. Side effects are pretty much gone. No real feeling "keyed up" In the morning. I just feel normal, which is nice as last week was the one year anniversary of my first panic attack and I have not felt normal since. If you are on the shelf about starting Zoloft or another ssri , just do it. The first few weeks are rough, but the pay off is worth it 10 fold.
Bookmark and Share

Offline somaj

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2014, 02:25:27 PM »
So I am into the third week of the 50mg dose of Zoloft ,almost 7 weeks altogether. Things are good. Side effects are generally completely gone, except for the tiredness, but that is waning as well. Still a bit of general anxiety, but nowhere near what it was. Saw my doctor this past Friday, and he says I should go with this dose another 6 weeks. He saw no need to think about upping the dose at this time.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• Easy on the sauce...
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • No matter how far down, You can always get out.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2014, 02:28:59 PM »
I'm on the same exact track as you, same timeframe almost exactly.... About 7 weeks. and 3rd week of zoloft.

I've noticed that my general anxiety has diminished from what it had been the past couple weeks, I feel almost a sense of becoming normal again to where i used to be, I'm not sure if this is the indicator that I need to up my dosage... it's hard to know exactly what to "feel" and what is optimal. I've got a doctors appointment on the 21st of this month, we'll see how I play out from there.

Glad to hear the updates.
Bookmark and Share
Sometimes, when I'm home alone, I fill my bathtub with tomato sauce and pretend I'm a meatball.

Tags:

anything