Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Vomiting Recently - Why?  (Read 293 times)

Offline whippetiggy

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
Vomiting Recently - Why?
« on: January 19, 2014, 03:39:12 PM »
I haven't vomited in years. The other night I burped stomach acid into my throat and then ran to the bathroom and threw up a little liquid. I was fine afterwards.

Today, I was the passenger in a car. The ride was about 3 hours. The driver was doing 80 and weaving and I was trying to read and post on *****. I drive a lot myself but am rarely a passenger. I got hot, then dizzy, then had him pull over and I threw up again.

I'm a cardiophobe so now I'm thinking I've got heart issues. What do you all think?
Bookmark and Share

Offline whippetiggy

• Poke This Member
Re: Vomiting Recently - Why?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 03:53:19 PM »
It's been hours since I vomited this morning. It was around 11 am. Now it's 4 pm and I still feel bad and achy and dizzy. My stomach still doesn't feel normal.
Bookmark and Share

Offline daviezmom

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 04:27:46 PM »
It sounds to me like you had motion sickness.  I get it from time to time, especially if I'm riding in the backseat.   I can go for years without getting it and then all of a sudden it'll come on.  Do you remember the reason for vomiting the last time?  Most people do throw up on occasion.  It's usually only a concerning thing if they NEVER throw up.  For instance, my dad literally hadn't thrown up in 40-50 years, and then all of a sudden did.  Of course that was cause for alarm.   
Bookmark and Share

Offline whippetiggy

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 04:51:29 PM »
Aside from this week, I threw up once last year (also after a long ride where I was driving). Then once this week, all acid. I'm not sure how long it was before that. I travel between MA and PA, 8 hours drive each way quite often. I always drive. Never had a problem and I've been doing that trip for 10 years. I was under the impression that after you got out of the car, the ill feeling went away. I don't feel like I have to throw up again but I don't feel normal either. I'm a bit "off" in the head. Not falling-down dizzy, but just "off" and I don't have an appetite.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2014, 04:59:21 PM »
Go to doctor to check it out
 (P.S. Don't freak out I don't mean it's smth serious)
Bookmark and Share

Offline whippetiggy

• Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2014, 05:13:06 PM »
That's what I don't want to do. The thought of going to the dr. and her finding something is wrong with me scares me to death.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2014, 05:39:58 PM »
Like I said, most likely it's nothing serious, but anything out of ordinary should be checked out. ;)
Bookmark and Share

Offline whippetiggy

• Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2014, 05:56:37 PM »
I know it won't hurt. I'm on a roll. Haven't been to dr. in months. This is the longest stretch I've gone without dr. visits. I was so proud.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2014, 06:28:20 PM »
There are 2 types of problematic behaviour :

1. When people go to doctor very often, always scared of new symptoms, never satisfied with doctors diagnose

2. When people never go to doctors office saying that they are fine all the time.

Second group is actually worse than the first one. So, in you recovery, don't go from first group to second. Point is to find some middle ground.

Now, I don't say your current problem sounds serious at all, but from the rational point of view, I would go to check it out. Or you could wait and see if it gets worse and if it does then go.
Bookmark and Share

Offline daviezmom

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2014, 06:35:15 PM »
Aside from this week, I threw up once last year (also after a long ride where I was driving). Then once this week, all acid. I'm not sure how long it was before that. I travel between MA and PA, 8 hours drive each way quite often. I always drive. Never had a problem and I've been doing that trip for 10 years. I was under the impression that after you got out of the car, the ill feeling went away. I don't feel like I have to throw up again but I don't feel normal either. I'm a bit "off" in the head. Not falling-down dizzy, but just "off" and I don't have an appetite.

My daughter has motion sickness.  We went from Indiana to Tennessee on our family vacation last summer.  The whole trip was a nightmare.  She kept on puking even after we were out of the vehicle. 
But I agree, go get it checked.  More than likely it's nothing serious, but at least you can put your worries at ease.
Bookmark and Share

Offline whippetiggy

• Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2014, 06:36:15 PM »
I started taking Zantac today so I'll give it 2 days to see if I'm OK. If it gets worse, I'll go before then. If it gets better, I won't go.

You are absolutely right about the 2 types of people. I used to go all the time, then I got a great dr. and I stopped going altogether because she always made me feel like I'm OK. I guess I am kind of falling into the 2nd category. I was treated so horribly by my former dr. and his PA because I went so often...  Somewhere there is the middle ground for me.

Bookmark and Share

Offline daviezmom

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2014, 06:38:46 PM »
 :(  I started being treated badly by my doctor's previous NP.  She actually yelled at me once and I was so full of anxiety I started crying.  Those kind of doc's aren't too good.  Ya gotta have compassion!
Bookmark and Share

Offline whippetiggy

• Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2014, 06:43:15 PM »
My old dr's NP told me "you have anxiety. There's nothing more we can do for you". I was in there for a couple broken toes... Somehow the answer didn't fit the problem and I started crying and went to the receptionist and signed on with another dr. in the same office. I told that dr. what happened and she said I'm not the first of her patients that switched from him to her due to bad bedside manner.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2014, 06:47:42 PM »
I started taking Zantac today so I'll give it 2 days to see if I'm OK. If it gets worse, I'll go before then. If it gets better, I won't go.

You are absolutely right about the 2 types of people. I used to go all the time, then I got a great dr. and I stopped going altogether because she always made me feel like I'm OK. I guess I am kind of falling into the 2nd category. I was treated so horribly by my former dr. and his PA because I went so often...  Somewhere there is the middle ground for me.

General guideline :

When you get strong pain, go check it out. When you get smth out of ordinary, i.e. felling nausea every day, and until recently you haven't had it at all, vomiting out of the blew, strong headaches when you never had them before, very high fever...

You get the point, smth that is out of ordinary and interfering with your life. All those pressure, buzzing, burning, tingling, twitching, very mild headaches, things that come and go, you can ignore for the most part.

And almost always, when you go to doctor you will get diagnosis of some normal curable disease.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2014, 07:30:43 PM »
I haven't vomited in years. The other night I burped stomach acid into my throat and then ran to the bathroom and threw up a little liquid. I was fine afterwards.

Today, I was the passenger in a car. The ride was about 3 hours. The driver was doing 80 and weaving and I was trying to read and post on 0409. I drive a lot myself but am rarely a passenger. I got hot, then dizzy, then had him pull over and I threw up again.

I'm a cardiophobe so now I'm thinking I've got heart issues. What do you all think?

That burping stomach acid wasn't vomiting, it was like when  baby spits up and what you described is GERD, the other thing was probably just motion sickness.  Nothing at all heart related.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: