Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: In a sticky situation  (Read 164 times)

Offline chris1234

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
In a sticky situation
« on: January 19, 2014, 11:48:35 AM »
I have bad anxiety Hents the reason why I'm here, and some mild very mild depression I guess you can say and I'm in a dilemma and maybe some of u can give some advice here, I wanna take medication , and I guess for my situation and anti depressant would be best because my anxiety is chronic and it's been for two years now which feels like forever.... I tried Zoloft and it made me insane for 3 days and had a bad experience... My thing is I play comepetitvr hockey and I don't want the initial side effects to ruin my play for a couple weeks ik this may sound stupid but were in the heart of the season... But at the same time I don't wanna be anxious and depressed anymore , any advice?
Bookmark and Share

Online MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 23
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: In a sticky situation
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 12:22:02 PM »
Hi Chris...

There are quite a few anti-depressants available on the market.  Some of them are more harsh than others.  For instance, Wellbutrin is one of the most stimulating anti-depressants, so I would not recommend that for those with anxiety/panic attacks.  Citalopram (Celexa) and Escitalopram (Lexapro) are considered more calming, and have a lower incidence of side effects, as far as the SSRI class of medications.

Many persons experience no side effects; some have mild, and some more severe.  To lessen the chances of side effects, talk to your doctor about starting you on a sub-therapeutic dose of an anti-depressant.  Then, slowly increase the dose every 10-14 days. This helps too.

Anti-depressants are a mixed bag.  What works for you, might not work for me.

Good luck on finding the medication that works for you, with the least side effects.  The best to you, Chris!...  Chuck
Bookmark and Share

Offline chris1234

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: In a sticky situation
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 12:36:55 PM »
Thanks a lot I have really been struggling and hope I can benefit from one of these medications and hopefully regain my life back soon!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: