Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Trembling during sleep  (Read 200 times)

Offline MLB2805

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Trembling during sleep
« on: January 19, 2014, 08:54:46 AM »
Does anyone wake in the middle of the night feeling like their insides are shaking? This has happened to me a few times and is freaking me out!
Bookmark and Share
You don't have to control your thoughts. You just have to stop letting them control you.

Offline MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 23
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Trembling during sleep
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 11:32:24 AM »
Hi MLB...

One of the most common symptom of anxiety is that of shaking or tremulous activity.  Shaking is a result of the fight or flight system, and is caused by adrenaline/epinephrine.  Adrenaline causes our body to enter an energy mode, whereby shaking can occur.  Once released, adrenaline can't be stopped.  It needs to be used up by the body.  One thing you can do, is to do your best to control your anxiety, since that is what is causing the release of the adrenaline.

Focusing on my breathing, helps me.  It is also one of the teachings of cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT).  I inhale through my nose, and exhale through my mouth, at a rate of 6-8 breaths per minute.

Accepting the symptoms of anxiety is important.  You don't want to fight with anxiety.  This just sets-up a loop of fear feeding fear, making the anxiety worse.

If you find your mind filled with negative/intrusive thoughts, you want to do your best to replace them with positive thoughts.  This is not easy to do, but it really helps.

If you are wide awake in the middle of the night, when the shaking is occurring, you might consider getting out of bed and exercising, or doing housework, anything "active" to burn-up the adrenaline.

I hope some of these suggestions might help.  The very best to you, MLB!...  Chuck
Bookmark and Share

Offline MLB2805

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Trembling during sleep
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 12:59:10 PM »
Thanks chuck! It actually happens while I'm sleeping and wakes me up ... It's weird.. It's
Only happened that I've noticed after thinking about it when I've tried new
Meds. I was also taking .5
Klonopin everyday and am tapering off.  I just lowered the dose and now I'm thinking that may be why... Hope so anyway... I am trying to accept the anxiety and sensations and go with it to overcome
This! One day at a time. After rough sleep I always have. Rough start
To the day
Bookmark and Share
You don't have to control your thoughts. You just have to stop letting them control you.

Tags: