Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: scared of brain tumour  (Read 375 times)

Offline mrdave92

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
scared of brain tumour
« on: January 18, 2014, 05:43:07 AM »
i have been feeling ill on and off for about 2 months now but particularly over the past 3 weeks.

I have suffered from a wide range of symptoms that i listed in my last post but particularly extreme dizziness which doesn't seem to shift no matter what i do. It feels like i'm walking on a boat and is very worrying. I have also suffered from nausea over the past 2 weeks, feeling like my stomachs going crazy but not being able to actually be sick without sticking my fingers down the throat. On top of this i have now started to experience short sharp pains across my head and they seem to be getting worse. When i lay down as well as the usual brain zaps that spark me awake i get a horrible feeling that surges through me slowly from my head, it's difficult to explain but it feels like something sinister that i've never experienced before. I have also experienced pressure in my ears & pain in my ears but the doctor checked them and said they looked fine.

I have seen 5 doctors over the past 3 weeks as my symptoms have been worsening (they still are now) and they have performed neurological exams, blood tests & checked my optic nerve + told me i definitely had nothing to worry about. I don't understand how they can be so sure of this without an MRI/CT scan. I get horrible feelings coming over me that i'm about to have a seizure and they petrify me. I've read so many stories about people being misdiagnosed with anxiety then having a brain tumour and many stories of people with brain tumours begin with symptoms like mine. I just don't know how the doctors can be so sure it's not something serious when my symptoms continue to worsen and i have now developed very painful headaches.
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 65
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
Re: scared of brain tumour
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 09:01:53 AM »
I have known a number of people who have had brain tumors and everyone had a common symptom;
increasingly worsening headaches.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline mrdave92

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 09:07:11 AM »
this is what petrifies me as i never got headaches & over the last days i've started experiencing them, they've increased in frequency as well. I'm very frightened but the doctor checked my optic nerve and did a neurological exam. I've read so many articles about misdiagnosis & peoples symptoms before they got diagnosed and i'm terrified
Bookmark and Share

Offline mrdave92

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 09:10:22 AM »
i've also had extreme dizziness for weeks & nausea that comes and goes. I'm very frightened but the doctors show no signs of giving me an MRI. I don't want to die.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 09:14:50 AM »
Nobody wants to die. Relax, dizziness and nausea are all symptoms of anxiety.

Most common symptom of brain tumor is very bad headache. Not just any headache, but the one that you can't ignore, doesn't get better with pain killers and if you had that you probably wouldn't be posting here.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mrdave92

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2014, 09:19:06 AM »
some of the symptoms i've had recently have been so weird, it started with tingling a tightness on the bridge of my nose and dizziness which hasn't gone and now i get headaches, faint feelings & burning sensations on the top of my head. I'm very frightened. I've been having brain zaps and horrible feelings that spread from my head through my body when i try and relax.
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 65
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2014, 09:50:00 AM »
I have bouts of dizziness which were diagnosed as benign positional vertigo. For dizziness, it is best
to go to an ENT physician, as this is their specialty.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline mrdave92

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2014, 10:01:31 AM »
i'm going to get checked again i've just came in and felt extremely nauseated with burning sensations and pain in my head. This has led to me vomiting and feeling very worn out with pains all over my head and down the back of my neck
Bookmark and Share

Offline beast216

• Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2014, 10:05:38 AM »
Diziness....not your brain. 

Agree with other poster. See an ent.  Diziness is much more a symptom of inner ear issues.

If you have a debilitating, and I mean you can do nothing else and it does not go away.  Then you should see someone, and if you are this concerned....ask directly why they do not feel an MRI would help

When you get checked.  Be very honest about how this is scaring you and inquire about the testing.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2014, 10:57:40 AM »
The nausea is probably becauase you are dizzy. I had that really bad a few years ago.  I couldn't even take a bath because whent he water would "lap" onto my skin I'd get so dizzy like I was on a boat in the high seas!  I'd have to  jump out of the tub!  (diagnosed with begnine positional vertigo), I personally never got nauseated, but that is VERY common with that.  But with all those other symptoms, it could very well be sinus problems.  (headaches, dizziness, pressure, pain in eyes, etc) - brain zaps?   Anxiety from worrying about those other symptoms!  I think I know what you mean, it's a really awful feeling like you are "sinking to your death"  That's how I describe it.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: