Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: It's 3:30 in the AM and I can't sleep...Heath Anxiety F*ing SUX!!  (Read 192 times)

Offline mydogisnamedslippy

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh
    • Poke This Member
Hello everyone,

I'm Slippy (well, my dog is named Slippy, he's a pomeranian) and I have been reading anxietyzone for a while, but have never actually posted before. However, in the past it has been very helpful just to read other people's thoughts on issues I can relate to. But tonight, it's 3:30 in the morning, and I can't sleep...so i figured it was time. I am 28 and from Brooklyn, NY.

My problem right now is that I am having this weird pain that is in my shoulders, my neck sort of an my lower jaw like right below my ear. It isn't horrible, but just annoying enough that...I mean...it's 3:30 and I worked all day.

My boyfriend thinks this is happening because I am constantly tense and nervous. I have anxiety like seriously to the MAX. Especially health anxiety, like to the point where I see a million doctors all the time. Actually, today I just got back my results for the lupus ANA thing or whatever, and an ESR test--both negative. My ESR is 8 and My doctor said, "you are so normal." Right.

The problem is that once I am cleared of something (okay, think MS, Chrons, Breast Cancer--you name it) I am totally afraid I have something else, OR that the test results don't mean anything. And the problem happens, where, okay, I have this weird pain now and I have no idea whats causing it, but I don't trust myself or my body enough to conclude that it is something benign.

I am seeing a therapist and just got a script for Zoloft which I am about to start taking.

But my question is, does anyone get weird jaw/neck like tensiony pain? My jaw feels kind of hot too. I don't know...TMJ? Wisdom teeth? Paranioa? An infection??

If anyone has any insights to this, let me know. Also, if anyone has any cool ways of even temporarily getting over this anxiety, that would be really helpful. Like what distracts you? I have already watched EVERY SINGLE KING OF THE HILL episode.

I'll just leave it at that.
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
Re: It's 3:30 in the AM and I can't sleep...Heath Anxiety F*ing SUX!!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 09:52:33 AM »
Welcome to anxietyzone. Your symptoms seem attributable to stress and tension. I would try to
distract yourself with things you enjoy. If necessary therapy and or medication may be indicated.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 10:46:23 AM »
Just last week I had horrible jaw pain!  It started in my right ear, then went into my right jaw, then the ENTIRE jaw.  Of course I thought I was having a heart attack!  I kept trying to take deep breaths to relax and tell myself it was nothing.
(I then decided I'd to down the basement to put in a load of wash and that will really test it - walking up stairs) by the time I came back up the pain was gone.  It definitely could be TMJ!  (I realized that I tend to bite down on one tooth during the day and probably at night the symptom kicks in - maybe you do something similiar?)  But also, if you read some other things on here that it is also just an anxiety symptom causing tension in the neck and jaw area.
I constantly think I have one thing after another too!  (But I never go to a doctor) things just go away.   If I DO go to a doctor I think,"OK I'm good now"  but in a few weeks I'm thinking they didn't do the right test or they missed something or maybe I didn't have it THEN but I have it NOW.  I wish I had some insight to distraction too.   If I find something else that I obsess over I'm OK, but eventually I lose interest and my obsession goes back to my health. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline mydogisnamedslippy

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 09:39:16 PM »
Sunlover!

Thank you for your reply.
I really thought I had TMJ...but went to the dentist and turns out my wisdom tooth is growing in sideways...yay!!

Guess I gotta see some kind of tooth surgeon soon...total bummer...
Bookmark and Share