Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Scared of having uncureable diseases  (Read 147 times)

Offline Mel2674

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Scared of having uncureable diseases
« on: January 17, 2014, 07:45:18 PM »
Hey everyone, I'm 17 years old and currently scared of getting peripheral artery disease. Well I'm scared that I already have it. My leg hurts after exercise or walking too much and the pain causes me to cry, mainly because I am scared it is something serious. Doctors do not help because they push off the matter saying I am too young to have that, but I know I am not. I can't imagine living with a disease that increases my risks of stroke and heart attack, or has chances of amputation. That is just so scary and I don't know what to do or think.
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 6
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Scared of having uncureable diseases
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 07:55:31 PM »
Trust you're doctors.  I know at 17 people are always saying "You're too young" but in this case, you really are too young.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 08:02:00 PM »
Your doctors say that you are too young to have that, and you know that you are not? Finished medical school at 17?  :P

For the anxiety, you should really consult therapist. You are young, you should enjoy life, and not live it in fear.  So, first, threat the main problem which is anxiety.

As for your leg problems, you didn't mention what doctors said it is? Ok, they dismissed terminal illness, but did they come to some conclusion what you could possibly have? Maybe some boring no terminal disease?

For now, try to relax and occupy yourself with things that could distract you from thinking about the illness.

Finally, remember that even though you may feel that you have some terminal disease it doesn't make it true at all. Those are just emotions caused by too much anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Mel2674

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 11:09:50 PM »
The problem is, the doctors have completely dismissed it. And I know as a hypochondriac I always feel like I know I have this for sure and I know I have that for sure but this time I'm so sure I have it. I'm so sure. I read about it and I have all the symptoms and I learned that it is possible for teens to have it. I just don't know how I would deal with the diagnosis, no matter what it may be.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: