Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I want this all to end.  (Read 387 times)

Offline Gale

• Rec's: 1
  • My grand dog!!!!
    • Poke This Member
I want this all to end.
« on: January 17, 2014, 06:18:39 PM »
Do  any of  you ever question when  these symptoms  will ever stop. I take meds, see a psychiatrist, a therapist, and  i still don't feel better. My  therapist tells me that  sometimes meds do not always work and alot depends on your mind  and  learning how to control it.  All i want is to feel normal again.  I am finding it so hard  believing anxiety can last 24/7 and go on for weeks and months.ANYBODY,  please  help.
Bookmark and Share

Offline scb07d

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I want this all to end.
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 09:10:58 PM »
Yeah, you can't do much about it.

You just have to accept the symptoms (without trying to control them) and take medication to make things more bearable. Medication doesn't ever really "work" though. It just takes the edge off, which is still pretty helpful I guess.

If you can work to improve your life, the symptoms will get better but then something stressful might happen and the anxiety will come back. And for the record, you can't "learn how to control" anxiety. It doesn't work like that.

But yeah, anxiety can go on 24/7 for months... years... even decades. We live in a world (especially in the US) that creates an incredible amount of stress. This is the result basically. It's why people drink all the time and take pills to fall asleep.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bubbles18

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 09:15:35 PM »
I feel ya and your not alone.  It comes and goes. I too see a therapist and have been since I first had my Panic Anxiety atteck two years ago. I was on Sertreline back then and went off the meds for like a year and was doing great until about three weeks ago when I started getting all the symptoms back :( and here the Dr. put me back on the meds. I started Yoga and do alot of breathing exercises which seem to help and listen to calming relaxation sounds especially at sleep time and all these things seem to be helping as I am feeling a bit better.  I guess we need to come to terms with what we have and learn to try and work with into and keep it in control. Hang in there things will get better. We all have good and bad times and its just a few bumps in the road right now but you can get through this.....
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gale

• My grand dog!!!!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 05:18:32 PM »
 :spineyes:Thanks forallof your reples.  It;s been going on for decades for me. I have always been worried I mayhave MS, but  with 3 normal MRI"S,  this was ruled out, but yet the symptoms still persist. Maybe  another MRI  would reassure me!!!!!!   Cannot believe anxiety can do this to you. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline MLB2805

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 07:11:17 PM »
I hate anxiety! I can't take it today. I'm just feeling so depressed. I almost wanna go on meds again. I signed up to be in a study called transcranial magnetic
Stimulation at the anxiety
Disorder center...
Kinda
Nervous. Desparate for some relief!
Bookmark and Share
You don't have to control your thoughts. You just have to stop letting them control you.

Offline a.beautiful.mess

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2014, 09:38:03 PM »
I ask myself this all the time. It's exhausting dealing with this all the time. Two years ago I had really bad anxiety for awhile and managed to get it under control. However the past week has been horrible for me and I feel like I'm back in that hole again
Bookmark and Share

Offline 2sungo

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 02:04:31 PM »
It can go away for some for many years, it did for me on medication.  But it is back for the third time, this time about a year and though I upped the Lexapro after almost going off of it (mistake) and added klonopin again, there are still difficult days, like today, where I have had some weird skin feelings in my hands and a general sense of anxiety and depression.  Its always worst in the morning, and I am sleepy then too.  HOWEVER, there is a road back, it may take time, but there are already some decent days and I can work again, whereas I took off last spring.  I find I am best when I am busy at work, and when friends and family are around.  Sunny weather helps too, and today is kind of the antithesis of that, with snow and cold expected later this week.  Plus knowing I will see the psych later today (and not knowing what if anything else will work) and a cardiologist on Wed can add to stress, even though there really is nothing to stress about. 
I did do TMS (the magnetic thing) early last summer and I think it did help some, but it is generally not covered by insurance (otherwise I'd get repeat treatments) and there could be some placebo effect in that there is a tech you can chat with at that time.
Bookmark and Share

Offline robicinco

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2014, 04:07:00 PM »
You are not alone on this ride. I live in the US and as others have said our culture is quite a lighting rod for stress. We have been programmed to be material obsessed so that our economy keeps going and it forces us to work more, harder, and longer. I was out of work on medical (anxiety related) and I felt tremendous guilt for not working, that is how we are brought up. We equate much of our existence to what we do in life (as in a career, school, achieving). My point is that not only do we have this mental condition to deal with, but our daily lives have so much extra stress built in that it can put many of us anxiety folks into over drive. There are people on here who will attest that it gets better, and sometimes worse. the point is that it does change and is not permanent even though it may feel that way sometimes. Sounds like you are doing everything right though, maybe try to look at what has improved and not the setbacks. Good luck
Bookmark and Share

Offline 2sungo

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2014, 07:09:48 PM »
One thing I should have added is that it is good to keep a daily journal of how you are doing and what you do.  It helps because you will have some good days or part of the day, and it helps when you can see that in writing when it is bad and you are feeling like there is no hope--its part of the condition actually.  Its also a good way to know what is working or not (if you take medicine) and what kinds of triggers worsen it and what kinds of activities make it better. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: