Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?
Anxiety Forums & Chat Rooms

Please help me, convinced that I have a brain tumour?!

Offline kayleigh

• Personal text
Please help me, convinced that I have a brain tumour?!
« on: January 17, 2014, 11:36:48 AM »
In 2011 I had a CT scan as I had been having headaches and tingling on the left side of my body for a couple of months. The Ct scan came back clear and I felt ok for about a year.
The start of last year I started getting headaches again, but this time they were always right sided and constant, and the tingling returned. I saw a nurse who gave me antibiotics and a doctor who gave me amitriptyline which didn't help. So I've had this for a year almost. Last week I started to become very dizzy and feel very nauseous, I have lost a stone in weight as I just can't eat, and he headache and tingling seem to be worse. I went to the doctor yesterday who is now referring me to a headache clinic. Today and yesterday I have also had a very stiff neck.
I am totally, utterly convinced that this is a brain tumour and I have cancer in my brain and no one is helping me.
What do you think I'm 25 and I'm really, terrified. The headache also gets worse is I change position, bend over or if I strain on the toilet. What do you think? X x
Bookmark and Share

Offline beast216

• Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
Re: Please help me, convinced that I have a brain tumour?!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 12:47:25 PM »
While I am not a doctor...I do know headaches usually are not the first symptom.

You most likely would have had some difficulty with speech, walking, and wekanees (not tingling), and seizures.

I think early AM headaches or ones that wake you in teh night are additional symptoms.

I would think the nausea and dizziness 9and headach) could be related to something else...all classis signs of sinus problems and anxiety.

Sounds like you ar getting the appropriate help.  You should not be terrified at all.  If there is something causing your headaches...I would think it would be better to get some treatment options rather than go on as you are.

Good luck. 

Bookmark and Share