Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Hello!!!  (Read 84 times)

Offline annaki

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hello!!!
« on: January 17, 2014, 11:08:50 AM »
Hi everyone, I kind of introduced myself on the general board, but here goes again:
I'm in my 30s, have a wonderful and tolerant ;) husband and 6 month old daughter.  I've had bad health anxiety for about 3 years now.  I've always had a severe fear of vomiting (emetophobia) which has required treatment, and now this seems to have morphed into generalized health anxiety.  A few years ago, had very weird symptoms and abnormal blood work that started the whole cascade.  Also, I was reading lymphoma boards, stupid, I know.  I was having numbness, chest pain, fatigue, low grade fevers.  I was convinced I had lymphoma which I see is fairly common fear here.  I was taking my temperature 20-30 times a day to the point where I asked my husband to hide the thermometer.  All tests eventually came back ok.  I saw a therapist and did ok for awhile.  Then I got pregnant....surprisingly I did well with pregnancy despite having a tough one.  However, in the last month, the health anxiety has come back with a roar.  I'm back on anxiety meds. 
I've been having hip pain for the past 2 weeks and am convinced that its bone cancer or a metastasis to the bone.  I just want more and more tests.  I want bloodwork because I've been fatigued.  I had an MRI a few months ago because of brain tumor fears.  This fear is making me really loony and I'd love to get help and treat it.  I wish I could tell what symptoms were real and what are not.  I'm so glad to have found this board because it helps so much to see that people have the same fears I do and they understand what its like! My family and friends are getting a little tired of reassuring me all the time.  Thanks so much!!!!!!!
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 163
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hello!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 01:04:34 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Tam0630

• Rec's: 93
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hello!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 07:51:12 PM »
Welcome, Annaki. I think you'll find a lot of people battle with the same issues that you do with your anxiety, which makes this place a great one for support and understanding. I suffer from emetophobia myself and know first hand how horrific it can be, but you are certainly not alone.

Please feel free to visit the chat room if you need help in real time or would just like some company.

Best of luck!
Bookmark and Share
The only power anyone or any thing has over us is the power we relinquish.

Tags:

anything