Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Questions about being lightheaded  (Read 410 times)

Offline kscott0723

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Questions about being lightheaded
« on: January 16, 2014, 08:01:45 PM »
Hello guys

My number one symptom (read: only symptom) is a constant feeling of being lightheaded. I sometimes have panic attacks but the lightheaded is generally here all the time since Christmas. And sometimes it feels like it is ALL THE TIME. Sometimes, when I distract myself, it goes away and then I think "Hey! I'm not lightheaded!" and it comes back. Is this a true anxiety symptom? I'm going to a therapist tomorrow but I wanted to get some input from others on this site. Thanks so much!
Bookmark and Share

Offline i960

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Questions about being lightheaded
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 08:37:10 PM »
Yep, sufferer of this myself. It's underlying anxiety and stress which causes it.

Lookup "psychogenic dizziness".
Bookmark and Share

Offline edosmonsterink

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 08:51:34 PM »
I know how you are feeling. Ive suffered from "brain fog" for about 4 months now. I am now on zoloft 50 mg. And on cay 17 . It will all go away in time im hoping. Please keep a positive outlook . I have been feeling less lightheaded every other day so im hoping one day it will all be back to normal.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kscott0723

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 09:35:06 PM »
Thanks for the responses. It is actually comforting to know this thing has a name! I honestly believe I can overcome this by training myself to think positively again. Playing the games on the arcade here certainly help relieve some of the stress. The therapist should help. I'm ready to have a great year!
Bookmark and Share

Offline ChimpMelons

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 10:34:43 PM »
Yes it is brain fog my friend but when you do try to explain it to other people besides this forum, people cannot understand what you are talking about because this feeling is a change in are subjective feeling of reality that can only be explained by abstract thoughts such as, "my brain feels foggy" or "I cannot think straight". Brain Fog is really really g a y. :angry: By the way I have brain fog too. I absolutely feel your pain buddy.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bubbles18

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2014, 09:28:06 PM »
Yes definitely understand exactly what your saying.  Thats one of my main symptoms.  It sucks to say the least. I walked around feeling blah and lightheaded for about two weeks before I started to feel better. I also wasnt sleeping because I was waking up several times a night in panic anxious mode which made it even worse to function throughout the day.  Made me very moody and felt very sleepy. Hang in there it will get better.  Do exactly that try not to think about it and keep your mind clear and think of positive things as much as possible.  Also, deep breathing exercises seem to help as it gets the right amount of oxygen to your brain. There is light at the end of the tunnel :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline a.beautiful.mess

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2014, 09:25:27 PM »
I know exactly how you feel :(  brain fog is the worst. I do the same as you, as soon as I realize hey I'm not dizzy then bam it's back again. I also feel off balance with this so it really sucks for me. I start panicking thinking I will pass out. So yes it's definitely anxiety

Bookmark and Share

Offline thesilentdiva

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2014, 01:59:25 AM »
I accidently erased my first reply. Yes I have read some places that being light headed from anxiety can be caused by hyperventilating and we don't realize it. When you aren't breathing right due to anxiety or another reason that can cause dizziness and lightheadedness. I have been suffering from this on and off since I was in middle school. I'm 30. One thing I have found that has helped me greatly is to have a regular exercise program I know that is a cliche but it really does work. Even if you just left wait or do some situps or go for a brisk walk there is something about exercise that helps keep your anxiety at bay including the light headedness. And when it does come the anxiety that is...you will be able to handle it with a clear head. Try it
Bookmark and Share

Offline danimal_44

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2014, 09:06:32 PM »
Yes. Hyperventilation probably. This occurs when you breathe too heavily/deeply. Your body actually gets too much oxygen and that reduces the amount of carbon dioxide. Our bodies actually need both to function properly. Anything to relax you will help with over-breathing, but if you are in a crunch you can try breathing into a paper bag. That recycles the CO2 back into your lungs. I have not tried the bag method, but supposedly it helps. Since I have learned to control my breathing somewhat I hardly ever get that heavy brain fog anymore. Just a light version.
Bookmark and Share
Stop fighting and start relaxing.

Tags: