Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Have you experiences paranoia with GAD  (Read 193 times)

Offline MMMA3410

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Have you experiences paranoia with GAD
« on: January 16, 2014, 06:52:29 PM »
This has happened to me other times as well, but I am just giving an example of what happened tonight. So, while I was waiting for my husband to pick me up a man said hi to me. All of a sudden I had this extreme fear come over me. I was truly terrified that he was going to shoot up the place we were at. So, I decided to walk outside. Then he came out with his friend and I started fearing that they would kidnap me. Therefore, I went back inside. These feelings were very overwhelming and basically sent me into panic. Has this happened to you and can you tell your story?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
Re: Have you experiences paranoia with GAD
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 06:02:31 AM »
Never have it happen to me as such. But I do know it can happen. I know the mind is a powerful thing. It can throw ideas into your head in an instant. Most times they are bad thoughts. Here is were we try to use a bit of logic. We don't know this person. He said hello. Could he have just been friendly? Why should he wish to cause you harm? Just try and play one lot of thoughts versus the other lot of thoughts. I think a shop is a good place to be at such a time. Most times there are others around in shops. You can tell yourself this. I am in a shop. The shop has others in it. They can see this man too. I am safe here. Trying to turn a negative thought into a positive thought. It can take time to do. But it can be done. It is just the mind trying to work against you. But you can make the mind work for you.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: