Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Stood up fast and got CRAZY DIZZY  (Read 227 times)

Offline Calamy

• The Golden Eyed Commander of Wishes
  • Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • and Leon's getting larger!
    • Poke This Member
Stood up fast and got CRAZY DIZZY
« on: January 16, 2014, 06:16:21 PM »
I was just out at the park with the kids and had a nice time, pushing the swings and actually being a little active for this couch potato. So we drop off my niece and go back home and I pop open the car door and jump out and soon as I took one step, BOOM -- everything felt soooo WONKY. It was like vertigo and blacking out all at once without the black part of blacking out. Just lightheaded and dizzy and freaky and the ground and everything looked weird like glass (derealization? hyperventilating? orthostatic blood pressure? my anemia? all of the above?). I have had instances where I would get a little dizzy and feel like I was gonna black out when I stood up too fast in the past but I just put my head down and it passes. This one actually affected my vision to make things look weird, more like I was having vertigo and feeling lightheaded all at once. It came on within a couple of seconds of standing up and disappeared in maybe 30 seconds tops. I didn't put my head down when it happened, rather I panicked and ran UP a small flight of stairs to the apartment (yeah, that helped I'm sure!)

Now I have a mild headache in my forehead, nose, and a bit in the back of my head behind my ears. I have had sinus issues today as well and an on/off headache.

Please someone say something encouraging, I'm quite scared because that experience was so much weirder than what I usually feel when I get dizzy. This was a doozy of a dizzy.

Bookmark and Share
"Fear is such a vicious thing; it wraps me up in chains." - Tears for Fears, "The Working Hour"

Offline i960

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Stood up fast and got CRAZY DIZZY
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 07:46:23 PM »
How was your water intake today?

Sounds like orthostatic hypotension to me. You just mentioned you were active when not normally active. This doesn't mean you're going to die because of this small thing, it's simply a passing effect. If it keeps happening that I'd see a GP about it but it's possible to have random occurrences of this even in normal people (I've had it myself).
Bookmark and Share

Offline Theresa73

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 08:30:58 PM »
I get that on occasion. Like she said if you're dehydrated it makes your blood thicker and blood pressure drops. It's also very normal even if you are hydrated and just move or get up too quickly. When you get up too fast, your blood rushes down and sometimes it takes  moment to flow normally. That is what my daughters Dr said when I brought her in for same thing as it was recurring. They even did some blood pressure checks w her in all positions. Even an EKG as her father passed suddenly of heart disease at 39. All normal. She said it is mostly her age and due to growing and should go away. Within 4 months she stopped having it. So, it sounds normal, try to relax. I know easier said than done...Im a fellow severe health anxiety sufferer. I know how you feel. :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Pippy187

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 01:37:42 AM »
I get episodes like this when I stand quick. It feels like head fullness.
Bookmark and Share
He who fears death cannot enjoy life

My anxiety blog: http://pippy187.wordpress.com/

Tags: