Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Thickened endometrium and non simple cyst  (Read 355 times)

Offline daviezmom

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Thickened endometrium and non simple cyst
« on: January 16, 2014, 06:03:30 PM »
I had a physical exam by my GP in late December.  When she felt on my right ovary, I had a bit of tenderness.  For my own peace of mind, she scheduled me an ultrasound.  I had it done a week later.  The report said I had 15mm thickening on the endometrium lining, and a pea sized non simple cyst, which I can't really find anything about online, so I'm assuming it also means "complex cyst".  I was told it required follow up with an actual gynecologist.  So that in itself freaked me out.  They had me scheduled for this past Tuesday, but then last minute the doctor had to cancel.  Now I'm going next Wednesday.  According to my calculations, I had just ovulated a couple days before the ultrasound, so, wouldn't the thickening be normal during that time of my cycle, or is 15mm too thick regardless?  Has anyone ever had a "non simple" cyst?  This is definitely not my first cyst, the last one I had on an ultrasound was referred to as "irregular".  I'm trying to remain calm, and just wanting to know if anyone else has had a similar experience? 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Theresa73

• Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Thickened endometrium and non simple cyst
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 09:39:06 PM »
I'm going through something similar now. I missed 2 periods, then bled for 2 weeks before going into urgent care anemic. My regular Dr put me on the pill for 3 months. All good. Then first month off ok, then Dec I started Xmas eve. Bled til last Saturday. While bleeding I saw a obgyn. She did a pelvic to look and feel around. Nothing alarming, no pain or bloating she said. I had a pap in august and it was clear. Anyway, she did blood work and TV ultrasound. That showed some mild thickening of my lining which she said based on my cycle she believes it was a Lil thick. But when I thought about it, I believe I had ovulated several days before, and even though I bled for 17 day, I am coming due for my next period next week. So, hoping its ok. Also, I have a  5mm cyst on ovary which she isn't worried about and says its normal for my age. She wants to check it in a month to make sure it shrinks or goes away. She said to be extra safe she did a biopsy of my lining. This was yesterday. I'm scared out of my mind. Even though she said she strongly believes its nothing and just me "getting older and things change". I'm 41 next month. My blood work was normal she said. So, I'm praying all this is normal then she will do an ablation I think is what its called. Anyway, its hard. I was feeling so alone til I read your post. Lol. I'm scared too, but trying to repeat my drs words to myself to calm me down. Keep me posted and I'm here if you wanna chat or IM.
Theresa
Bookmark and Share

Offline daviezmom

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 05:33:56 PM »
How thick was your lining?  And where at in your cycle were you?  I'm 33 and still get regular periods, and I haven't been on birth control in a very long time.  Did your biopsy hurt?  I'm wondering if that's what I'll have to get when I go to the doctor. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Theresa73

Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 08:11:04 PM »
I am 40, and she didn't mention how thick it was. I think she said thicker than she'd expect at the point I was in my cycle. This period lasted for 17 days. I stopped bleeding and was mildly spotting on Saturday. Then it stopped. My ultrasound was that following Monday. I didn't think about it to mention to her, but I had just told my boyfriend several days before I thought I was ovulating. I am also due to start my period this coming week, as I usually start every 23 or so days. So, that might explain the lining issue, I don't know. Either way, she said she rarely sees serious issues in women under 50-60. She says its very uncommon. As for the biopsy, it was nothing. Have you ever had a cervical biopsy? If so, it was slightly more uncomfortable than that. You feel very MILD cramping as they use this teensy suction thing to suck some lining out. My cervix was already slightly open which made it easier she said. Even if not, she said she never has had a patient complain of any actual pain. Its more uncomfortable than anything. Before you know it, they're done. So, don't worry about that. I did my lamaz breathing to relax myself. If you're tense, it is more uncomfortable. So, if you've done lamaz, do that breathing, or Google relaxation breathing, and do that during the procedure. It takes just about 3-5 minutes. Nothing big. My Dr has pretty pictures of nature on the ceiling w a light behind it, and that helped. If yours doesn't, bring something to look at that relaxes you. It helps a lot. I even brought my boyfriend to hold my hand lol.
Bookmark and Share

Offline daviezmom

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 09:14:41 PM »
Gotta love the pictures on the ceiling!  Lol :)
If a cervical biopsy is the same thing as a pap, I've had several.  If it's not, then no I haven't had one. 
I'm starting to wonder if I've got endometriosis seeing as how I get all kinds of pelvic pain and discomfort.  I guess I'll find out soon enough. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Theresa73

Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2014, 01:36:02 AM »
No, a biopsy is different. I had a irregular pap about 13 years ago. They did a small snip of my cervix to make sure all was ok. Anyway, very minor. And endometriosis is usually pretty clear my Dr said...its a lot of pain, but mainly severe cramping and very heavy bleeding. I thought I had that due to my period in July...I went through a super plus tampon in 90 minutes...was horrible. But, I don't have cramps or pain. No bloating either. That is why Dr thinks its just me getting older. Says it can start as early as 30's. Anyway, keep me posted. I'm freaking out as I still have to wait til Wednesday, maybe til friday....sigh :( Hypochondria stinks :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline daviezmom

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2014, 08:04:24 AM »
Let me know what you find out!  My spot is Wednesday. 
My periods have always been heavy and at least 7 days.  I envy those with the 3 day period!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Theresa73

Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2014, 12:38:10 AM »
I got my results...all normal. So, next I go in a month to have another ultrasound to check cyst to make sure its shrinking...so praying and hoping :) Let me know how your appt goes :) And don't sweat the biopsy if they do one...it was nothing :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline daviezmom

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2014, 12:07:24 AM »
My appointment went great.  The doctor was rather annoyed that the radiologist couldn't tell by the Ultrasound that it is a corpus luteum cyst and that my thickening is normal for my age. So, thank God, it wasn't cancer. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: