Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Is this caused by Anxiety or something much more serious? [LONG POST]  (Read 176 times)

Offline taxman23

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hey guys, i dont want to go on for too long so ill try break it down for you:

Notes:
I have had relatively long periods of high stress / depression in the past few years but nothing serious
im not really healthy, not fat but half way, ive had times where i eat Fast Food three / four times a week

Run down of my life:

Age 1-19: Relatively normal upbringing other than moving between homes a lot

Reverse Dejauvu Feeling:
I remember this feeling i used to get in my teens where i would just zone in and out for a second
and wonder what just happened, like a reverse dejavu.
This happened very rarely and usually when i was standing up and never thought about it much

Age 19: Try Marijuana for the first time, amazing

Age 20: Have a huge panic attack after i take massive amounts of Marijuana,
end up calling an ambulance because i think im dying: My first real Panic Attack.
Turns out everything was fine.

Age 20-22: Few panic attacks during weed smoking but nothing as serious as first

I basically went on a 4 year non stop Weed binge during these times. Panic attacks were rare.

Age 21: I think my left eye is giving out because my vision is getting blurry. Have a huge panic
but turns out im just short sighted and this happens to a lot of people as they hit their 20s.
Never bothers me again.

What im currently worried about:

Age 22: I begin to feel kinda weird at the end of my highs.

Examples:

• When im in my bed (3am-ish) trying to sleep (notably in the absence of light)
  • its like im processing but forgetting at the same time, its like the lights go off in my head but my eyes are still open.
  • Its like a feeling of disorientation, memory lapses that take me out and back in.
  • Similar to the reverse dejavu i used to have in my teens but really really dragged out.
  • My vision is fine but its like the function that records short term memories just stops.
  • Only seconds are passing but it seems like ages for me.
  • Looking at my wall, as im seeing it, im forgetting it then remembering where i am.
  • 99% of this happens when im standing up after long periods of sitting or in dark areas

I panicked after it started happening really frequently almost went on for hours
I went to the doctor and he said its brought on by stress/anxiety and prescribed me Propranolol.
After he told me all this saying it was anxiety caused and took my blood pressure etc, it went down considerably.

I took the propranolol and whilst it didnt go away completely, it subsided 80%.

Age 23:

I give up Marijuana to see if its the weed causing it.

During the 2 months i stayed sober, it rarely but still happened.
Only happened when i went outside or if i was going upstairs to sleep.
Like once i went to the jewellers and whilst he was talking, i zoned out completely
and whilst you couldnt tell by looking at me, inside i was getting that "reverse dejavu feeling"
like only few seconds were passing it felt like ages, disorientation.

Now (Im still 23)

I still have anxiety of the mind (propranolol helps my body anxiety) but i can still be social.
The memory lapse still happens, like twice a day for a few minutes as opposed to ages/hours before.

If it does happen, i dont feel scared because i just think its caused by stress/anxiety and it goes away by itself. Usually when my attention is fixated on something else.

Ive tried finding matching symptoms with a lot of serious conditions to no availability
brain tumours, alzhemiers, schizophrenic etc nothing sounds like it. Family history is pretty much good. No mental illness etc.

Ive asked for a blood test just in case

but what do you think? Should i go back to my doctor and ask for  serious tests?

The reason why im curious is because the eye thing bothered me then it turned out it was nothing / anxiety causing fear that something was wrong,
 the weed body pain thing bothered me, turned out it was just a panic attack.

Could anxiety cause this lapse in short term memory / eyes open but mind flogging? I can recall all times where i was worrying about it or when it was happening, so its not like the memories arent being stored or recorded...

I know its long but any help would make the world of difference...

thanks
Bookmark and Share

Offline i960

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Is this caused by Anxiety or something much more serious? [LONG POST]
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 09:15:49 PM »
When you say reverse deja vu, do you mean jamais vu?
Bookmark and Share

Offline taxman23

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Is this caused by Anxiety or something much more serious? [LONG POST]
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 09:34:20 PM »
When you say reverse deja vu, do you mean jamais vu?

yes its very similar but ive never had a seizure / epilepsy
Bookmark and Share

Tags: Memory lapse shortterm