Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Radiation again  (Read 797 times)

Offline eddarun

• Rec's: 5
    • Poke This Member
Re: Radiation again
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2014, 04:21:17 PM »
sure you have increased your risk....no question about it....but you have increased it only a tiny bit:)  watch out when you are reading articles about the subject, you can find both articles that minimise the risk and articles that scare the crap out of you.  Good luck with this and stay calm:)
Bookmark and Share

Offline mhmommy

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2014, 10:24:29 PM »
eddarun thank you so much your replies have helped.
have you had any cts? trying to stay calm - started taking benadryl at bedtime per my very good new dr. :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline eddarun

• Rec's: 5
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2014, 02:21:38 AM »
No prob.  And yes I have had a whole body CT scan.  I was so terrified I cancelled my scsn the first time around...ended up having it a couple of weeks later....because my lymphoma fear was stronger than my radiation fear.  After I started working with radiation I am much more relaxed and never thing about the CT scan I got last year:)
Bookmark and Share

Offline tymommy

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2014, 03:06:09 AM »
So as you know im dealing with the same radiation fear as you.ithas to be one of the worst out obsessions ive h ad ever. So i find littke bits of comfort and go back and forth. But here's the thing we have to remember, we may get cancer anyway...from somethingelse. For example ,my 34 year old friend was recently ddiagnosed with stage 2breast cancer.she has been a health nut,never smokes or drinks, exercises,and eats well.she did nothing and has never had scans. Sad huh. And how does this make me feel better?Well,it doesn't exactly but....im reminded that as of this moment im somewhat in control and currently have a clean bill of health.  So i can just try to mske good health choices from here on and pray everyday that i stay healthy. But really wejust can't control fate or genetics so let's just say F it and F radiation And F those  Drs That did this to us. Lets live for now and try to beat fate and eat well and treat our bodies better:-D
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything