Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Prickly uncomfortable skinů.please help  (Read 518 times)

Offline irishLondon

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Prickly uncomfortable skinů.please help
« on: January 15, 2014, 07:28:26 PM »
Hey everyone. I hope you might be able to help. Has anyone ever had a prickly feeling all over their body as a result of anxiety? Like pins sticking in your skin? And sometimes an itchy/burning feeling that makes me feel my skin is on fire. It isn't there all the time but it is most of the time and it moves all over my body and have had it for a few weeks now. I also seem to get very hot easily. I have had anxiety in the past and have had various other symptoms which have come and gone. But this is the most frustrating and upsetting to date.  Could this be anxiety?

Many thanks for reading
Conor
Bookmark and Share

Offline HealthAnxiety12

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Prickly uncomfortable skinů.please help
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 09:04:32 PM »
I'm having these exact same sensations. I don't know if it's caused by anxiety or not, but you might find it reassuring to know that I don't have MS.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lara71

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 09:18:39 PM »
Yes, I often get them in my legs.
Bookmark and Share

Offline loveya14

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 10:07:04 PM »
Yes ! It's anxiety , adrenaline swirling around  ::)
Bookmark and Share

Offline irishLondon

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 12:48:08 PM »
This is really upsetting today. It literally feels like my skin is badly sunburnt. But with nothing visible on the skin. I don't think I felt particularly anxious when all this started. It's so distracting. Please if anyone has any advice I'd be so grateful. :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline shaula

• Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • It's a new day.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 02:20:47 PM »
Hello.

It seems this happens to me a lot. My skin feels very itchy for no reason, and I will often feel a pins and needles sensation in my arms, legs, and sometimes even in my face (though this happens mostly when I am under a lot of pressure or have been doing a lot if crying). A lot of times my skin also feels very sort of....how do I say....tight and tingly...especially now that it is winter and the air is cold and dry.

I have found that the best way for me to sort of relieve it is to distract myself. The more I spend time thinking about it, the worse I feel, and I start to think something is seriously wrong with me, which makes me re-examine myself and find something else and something else until I am in full panic mode...I do enjoy tending to the garden outside, and cooking makes me feel good as well. Writing my symptoms down in a book was advised to me, so that when I panic, I go back and look and see that it is nothing new or frightening, no matter what my mind tells me, it will resolve itself.

Wishing you the best.
Bookmark and Share
Everything will be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end.

Hold on if you feel like letting go.

Offline greend

• Rec's: 8
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2014, 02:53:02 PM »
Hi IrishLondon,  Boy can I relate.  I have had a prickly sensation on both my legs for 3 years.  The sensation moves around, but is always on my legs.  I also get that sunburned feeling sometimes.  I have had the prickly sensation 3 times in the past 9 years.  It originally started in conjunction with a flu and hurting my lower back (I have a herniated disc).  It fully went away twice but this time it is persistent and horrible.  I can hardly stand it.  I also get a feeling through my chest like an adrenaline surge.  The one thing I can say is that I have been tested thoroughly, including MRI's, nerve tests, blood work etc... and everything always comes back normal.

I've had different thoughts on what it is, everything from a herniated disc to anxiety.  I do not have MS, that was ruled out. 

I find reading self help books a good idea.  I am reading one now called The Mind Body Prescription (or something close to that) by a man named Dr. Sarno.  It gives hope, that is for sure.  What you have to realize about anxiety symptoms is that you don't always have to feel anxious for the symptoms to be present. Once they are with you it can take a while before they dissipate.  Obsessing about symptoms make it hard for them to go away. 

Have you been to a doctor about this? 

Just realize you are not alone.  And by the way, have you read the 100 symptoms of anxiety?  If not, it might be a good idea - a real eye opener.

Hope you feel well soon.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Calamy

• The Golden Eyed Commander of Wishes
  • Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • and Leon's getting larger!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2014, 06:20:40 PM »
Yes, I had this for a while and it drove me NUTS. It was like prickles all over my body, randomly. I think I was just really sensitized at the time. It happens now and then but I went through a couple of weeks where it was constant.
Bookmark and Share
"Fear is such a vicious thing; it wraps me up in chains." - Tears for Fears, "The Working Hour"

Offline irishLondon

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2014, 06:19:52 PM »
Hi guys,

thanks so much for your replies. It really helps to know that others have had this and that it's most likely a symptom of anxiety.

it seems i wake up and all is fine but the sore prickly sensation grows throughout the day. then it can disappear, only to come back somewhere else. I thought maybe my morning shower was irritating my skin - but last night I had a bath and didn't shower this morning just to test things out - and the feelings were still there. I notice that if i'm really really busy and my attention is taken away from myself - then they seem to go. They are worse when I have a lot of time to think and concentrate on myself - and the sore prickly feeling will move from shoulders to stomach to back to arms.

Anyway. i've started an online mindfulness course this week - so fingers crossed that helps reduce me over thinking and allows my nerves to relax a bit.

thank you again!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline greend

• Rec's: 8
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2014, 09:33:03 AM »
Hey IrishLondon, just wondering how you are doing these days.  I have weird neuro symptoms as well and were wondering if you've had any improvement?  Hope you're on the mend.
Bookmark and Share

Offline CrazyQuacker75

• Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2014, 11:37:30 PM »
I get this while I work out and sometimes after, and occasionally in the shower(I think it's the water), it gets worse with stress though
Bookmark and Share
In the race against myself

Online famv5

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2014, 08:56:26 AM »
I get that sometimes and it's usually on the back of my thighs.  It can be so uncomfortable to the touch that just my pants rubbing on them really hurts.  When I look at the area that hurts there is nothing there.  Really a weird thing.  I put on IcyHot cream last time which seemed to help a little.

It usually takes a day or so to go away. 
Bookmark and Share
"Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths" - Charles H. Spurgeon

Tags: